Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 May 2012
A fantastic album from Feeder,such a relief after their Renagades experiment!
Back to their Best,like Comfort in Sound,with good selection of chart/radio play songs such as Oh My,Borders, & Idaho.
This version of the album is missing the fabulous song Miles Away,download it to complete the album
With the right promotion & management,this could be their Breakthrough/return to mainstream public attention they so richly deserve.
Well done Feeder!
on 1 June 2012
As there are already so many comprehensive reviews of this album, I'll keep this brief. This is a great Feeder album and a real return to "Comfort in Sound" style form. Feeder sort of lost their way just a little for a while for me, especially with Silent Cry, but "Renegades" (which I also loved) was the first sign of a real return to heavier guitars and a less introspective sound and "Generation Freakshow" has taken the same attitude and just polished up the production a little to add a sheen to another batch of great anthemic songs. Grant can has always benn able to pen a catchy tune and this album is choc full of them from start to finish.

I did find that listening to this reminded me in places of the Wannadies (remember the "You and Me Song" anyone?) at their best, especially in terms of guitar sounds and backing vocal styles, but generally this is pure Feeder coming back to top form and revving up for the festival season.

A great addition to an already glowing back catalogue. Buy it!
on 29 May 2012
Having been a huge Feeder fan since the late 1990's I was looking forward to this album - although I enjoyed the 'Renegades' album there was some filler and for me it sounded better live than on CD.
'Generation Freakshow' has restored my faith in Feeder, creating a pretty much flawless album full of amazing songs.
My personal favourites are 'Hey Johnny' (a fitting tribute to Jon Lee), 'Sunrise' (epic chorus), 'Headstrong' and 'Fools Can't Sleep'.
A really good, well rounded album that can be listened to over and over again, with pretty much every song sticking in your head.
Great stuff. Thank you Feeder!
on 5 May 2012
I'm a huge fan of Feeder, and this album takes me back to the sort of songs that got me into them in the first place. Combine the energy and anthem-style choruses of Echo Park and Yesterday Went Too Soon with the more grown up and powerful sound of Silent Cry. Some of their best material is on this album. Two downsides, a couple of the songs are just a little bit too long. And, as is a staple of a Feeder album, whilst some of the lyrics are great, some of them don't make an awful lot of sense!! A really good album though, such a different sound to everything else around at the moment
on 27 April 2012
Just when I thought that Feeder would fade away after the very poor Renegades album out comes probably their best since Comfort.
Great hearing them on such good form. Sunrise a big favourite of mine which starts like wonderwall before turning into the Pumpkins then Feeder blast the song apart. Great stuff. Well done boys!!
on 23 April 2012
I wouldn't call myself a serious Feeder fan but I have always enjoyed listening to their music. So when an Amazon email arrived advertising their new album I went and listened to all the 30 second samples. I liked what I heard so downloaded the album and I am not disappointed. There are no 'filler' tracks on here and I am looking forward to my next long drive in the car so I can blast it out and play drums on the steering wheel.
on 5 October 2013
This album is great and takes me back to echo park days. Definitely would recommend to any Feeder fan. Would agree that it is not as deep as some of the other albums but it's quality all the way through.
on 23 April 2012
I fell in love with Feeder over a decade ago when I heard Echo Park and then didn't really gel with much of their next album then forgot about them. They came crashing back into my life with Renegades and I was eagerly awaiting the release of Generation Freakshow. The album is a worthy follow up to Renegades and has that trademark 'Feeder' sound. I've had it on repeat all morning and I'm not even close to sick of it yet. Though I suspect anyone looking at this album will already know if they will like it or not. It's Feeder, it's great, buy it.
on 8 October 2013
Now before I start I have to say im a huge Feeder fan and have loved every album, as a band they receive a lot of negative reviews which makes me laugh when very average bands like Oasis where collecting awards because they make the headlines with their pathetic behaviour.
Grants clever and inspiring lyrics, Takas great bass and Jon (RIP), Mark and Karl on drums make live shows quite an occasion.
Generation Freakshow is a great album, Hey Johnny, Idaho (my fav Feeder song ever) and the quite incredible Children of the Sun are standout tracks.
To sum up, great band, great album and at around a fiver its a bargain... Enjoy
on 24 April 2012
I have been a big feeder fan since the very beginning and have been so disappointed since "Comfort in Sound". This album is a welcome return to form and has rekindled my love of Feeder. I dont think I can even pick a favourite track, the album runs so well together.