Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 24 April 2017
Loved this book, couldn't put the book down again. Can't wait to read the rest of them
on 21 February 2014
this book is a great read I have not put it down since started reading it. would definitely recommend to others
on 28 September 2013
This was not as good as the rest of the books and already have bought the rest of the books
on 5 December 2010
Ghost Town is book 9 in the Morganville Vampires series. I really liked the early books in this series, then they started to get repetitive and samey to me. I almost didn't bother with book 8, Kiss of Death, but in the end I did read it and I found it to be one of my favourites of the series, so of course I carried on with the series and bought this one. But while it started out okay, I very quickly got annoyed with it.

I found Claire got more and more irritating through the book because she just wasn't being smart. She's meant to be this very bright girl, she started college at 16 and everything, but she was being really pretty dumb through a good portion of this book. She knew, and so did the rest, what needed to be done to put things right early on, but it just...didn't happen. For what were very flaky reasons in my view. I just didn't get why they couldn't solve things so much easier and why it got dragged out so far.

There were some good moments through the book here and there, and a pretty sad moment near the end. But I just didn't care enough for it to really matter. I got to the end, with the final twist, and literally rolled my eyes. Because seriously, going there? Ugh. Frustrating! It's something that's been done before and given the 'before', clearly not a smart move, but there it is. And I just don't think I want to read more. I don't care enough to see where it's taken from here at this point.

I know there are plenty of big Morganvillie fans out there, and I hope you won't take offence to this review because it is simply my personal opinion and everyone has different tastes. But for me, I've just had enough of Morganville right now. If you've really enjoyed all the previous books, you will probably like this one too, but it wasn't for me.
VINE VOICEon 5 November 2010
This is one of my top rated series in the genre, head and shoulders above all (apart from Vampire Academy, by Richelle Mead). I was a little worried with the previous entry in the series, Kiss of Death, which was several notches below the standard of the rest of the series. But Ghost Town is a welcome return to form.

Negatives: the normal kids are now far to easily beating vampires in combat, with a real sense of Buffy unreality, the repetitive and icky faux romances between the four main characters, and Shane is far too much of a cardboard cut-out of one of Ashton Kutcher's characters (Michael Kelso but not so smart). This contrasts with the greater depth of the other subsidiary characters, Amelie, Oliver, Frank and, well, everyone else. I'd also really like to see something happen to move the series forward; all we got this time was a closer peek at what we already suspected was the relationship between Oliver and Amelie.

The bits that I like: when the houses take an active part in the story, anything involving Myrnin, and, to a lesser extent, Oliver.

I read it, I had a good time.
on 7 January 2012
Below is a list of all of the books in order that are in the series so far

Glass House
Carpe Corpus
Fade Out
Kiss of Death
Ghost Town

Let me just begin by saying that I am a huge fan of this series and If you haven't started reading it, do so right now. I read the complete thing (books 1-9) in less than a week. It was that addicting. Anyways, like the other books, Ghost Town was beautifully written and included all of the elements that I love about this series. There is tons of mystery, excitement, romance and humor.I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical going into book 9, I mean usually by this point, a series starts to go off the deep end. Honestly, how far can you take the same set of characters? And how exactly do you follow up a villian like Bishop? But somehow Caine managed to keep things going strong, by pulling out all the stops. Tell me what is more frightening than having everyone you know and love forget you? Claire is as feisty and determined as ever. She, once again, gets herself in an undesirable predicament. As a punishment, she is forced to fix the machine that wipes the memories of those who leave Morganville. Well, of course, something goes wrong and people (and vampires) start loosing their memories. Those who are infected are taken back mentally to three years ago. Let's just say that chaos ensues. Soon, Claire has no choice but to try and fix the machine and she is forced to make some unlikely alliances along the way. There is plenty of excitement within the book, just like you would come to expect from this series. There are also a number of twists throughout the plot, I don't want to give too much away, but they certainly keep you on your toes. All of your favorite characters are back and ready for action, Eve, Michael, Shane, Mrynin, Amelie and Oliver are all featured throughout the book. I think what makes this series so great is the relationships between the characters. Not only are there great romantic relationships, but there are also a number of awesome friendships. I love the fab four - Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael; I just think they mesh well together. They always have each others back and each one of them would put themselves on the line for the other three. The connection these characters have is really a focus in this book - especially when people start loosing their memories. Caine really does a beautiful job showing how they all sort of gravitate towards each other. All in all, Ghost Town was a great addition to the series. Everything that you love about this series continues in book 9, including the sarcasm, humor, excitement, danger, romance and superb storytelling. I'll say it again, if you haven't read this series yet, you really, really, need to. It is never to late to dive into a series, in fact I prefer it because you don't have to wait as long to see what happens next!
on 14 November 2010
I felt quite sorry for Claire this time around, more so than usual. The poor girl has been through so much and I'm really beginning to wonder how much more of it she can take. Just the thought of her all alone in Morganville if everyone around her forgot who she was made me sad. I didn't want Claire to have to deal with everything on her own again or to be left working for an insane vampire. She really showed her maturity and level headedness when it came to the situation she had been put in. I love this side to Claire just as much as I like the side of her that wants to kick ass. As a character, Claire really goes through some big changes in Ghost Town due to how the story works out.

Myrnin has been one of my favourite characters since he made his first appearance in this series. One of the things that I loved about him this time was getting to see how he was before meeting Claire. It has been stated in previous books that he wasn't always as sane (even though he isn't completely sane at all) as he is now. Myrnin had quite a terrible past and was what most people would think of when the topic of vampires is brought up. I love how schizophrenic his character is normally and when the memory loss factor was added in, he just ended up being completely insane. I loved seeing how different the old Myrnin was compared to the current Myrnin and how his life/ personality had changed over the short space of three years.

Rachel Caine wastes no time in getting straight back into the story, picking up from where Kiss of Death left off. With a lot of big series, I have had to re read the latest book before reading the newest one so that I know what is going on. Even though it has been a couple of months since reading the previous books in this series, it all came flooding back to me very quickly and there was never a point where I had to think back and remember what had happened. There were little reminders throughout though as to what happened in a couple of the previous books so this will be a nice reminder for people who can't totally remember everything. What I liked most about the story was never being able to decide on who was going to lose their memories next. It really could have been anyone and I liked the element of surprise here.

Ghost Town was a fabulous read and certainly worth the wait. Even though it isn't my favourite book of the series, it did come extremely close. Obviously, if you haven't read any of the previous Morganville books, you really wont know what is happening if you start with this one. The tenth book in the series wont be out for a long time yet but I know that it will be one that I will be buying on release day.
OMG!! Rachel Caine has did it again. Ghost Town is yet another Fantastic book in the Morganville Vampires Series. I devoured this book in just over day, which for me is doesnt happened that often. It had me gripped from start to finish just like most of the other books in the series. It's Rachel Caine at her best. She has a way to keeping you hooked on a reading rollercoaster, one page everything is calm , the next its all up in air and you a gripping on to the pages to find out what is happening next. Once aspect I loved about Ghost Town is that there is more MYRNIN!!! yeah. I am crazy for the crazy vamp. So that was a huge plus for me.

I am so lucky I had this opportunity to get a chance to read this before the offical released date. To all the fans of the series. You will not be disappointed with this fangtastic (lol) installment. It will have you on the edge of your seat and leave you screaming for more.

However, to those who haven't started this series, I would suggest reading from the first book Glass Houses as I feel it would maybe leave new readers a little confused. So get out there and read them.

I recommend this to everyone. I honestly do. It has something for everyone, adventure, action, and romance and a lot of pretty amazing characters and also a couple of bad one.

Rachel thank you for yet another gripping novel in the Morganville Series. Cant wait for Bite Club!!!!
55 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2011
Morganville isn't the same since Ada and the computer system failed. Claire and Myrnin have been trying to fix the problem. But Claire gets herself into trouble.

Eve attends a party in an abandoned warehouse and she's in danger. Claire, Shane, and Michael run to her rescue. A fight ensues between the vampires and the locals, and Claire ends up killing a vampire. According to town law, the punishment for killing a vampire is death.

Amelie gives her a choice: settle the town's problem or hang in a cage in the town square. Claire chooses to fix the problem. She can't rest until it's solved - she completes the device.

However, in the days to follow, she realizes that something is drastically wrong when people begin losing chunks of their memory. The town becomes deadly once again - even in the daytime. Claire doesn't know what she can do, but she realizes it's up to her to fix the machine before it's too late.

GHOST TOWN delivers another amazing installment of this dangerous, action-packed series about loyalty, friendship, and love.

Reviewed by: Jennifer Rummel
on 8 July 2011
This is the latest installment in the Morganville series and Rachel Caine still manages to keep the reader gripped. Even after 9 books, the story keeps flowing and keeps you hooked until the very last page where, upon finishing it, you cannot wait for the next book.

Claire has more responsibility in this book, she must fix the computer that controls a lot of Morganville after Ada was destroyed. But, in typical Morganville fashion, nothing goes according to plan. Myrnin is his usual (slightly schizophrenic) self and this does nothing to help the cause. Claire has grown a lot since Glass Houses and she's now in a serious relationship with Shane. She's matured quickly and I really like her and the group dynamics of the Glass house members.

As usual with the Morganville books, I didn't want to put it down and I'm eagerly awaiting the next book.