Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.99

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 11 April 2013
I bought the last year's guide as it was much cheaper than new, I don't expect that mant have changed in a year! and I don't go to that many pubs either!! I did use it in the Salisbury area as I did not know where to go and was pleased to have it. It is a pity the guide is not available for smaller areas such as South East England or even Southern England as it covers the whole country which of course includes many areas where I will not be going. The list of good pubs is not exhaustive and there are many that do not feature in this book. However I would recommend it as an ideal travelling companion.
on 11 June 2013
I was impressed with the efficiency of Amazon and all the products met my expectations with the exception of the Michelin guide. I expected to receive the English version and received the French version.
on 27 December 2011
The major difference between this guide and CAMRA's Good Beer Guide is the emphasis on ambience, food and location rather than the beer quality. It is also more detailed in the descriptions of their top pubs. There is criticism from some quarters over charging for appearance for the top featured pubs. I can accept that this is necessary however as long as this does not prevent a great pub from inclusion. All the genuinely good pubs I have frequented recently appear with accurate and detailed descriptions so this edition can be trusted although I would be interested to hear if any pubs refused to pay the fee. All in all this is a very handy book and great value at the discounted Amazon price.
on 31 October 2011
Many years experience shows always well worth the price for anyone making a trip away from home. Find a good pub in a countryside location, set the satnav to shortest route and see countryside you never dreamed of with a bonus at the end!
on 31 October 2011
Good to receive early and at an excellent price. Am looking forward to using it during next year for good eating experiences.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse