on 23 November 2012
Out of all the stuff i have got from amazon i have never written a review until now, but i feel this item is so bad that i should break the habit and let others know.

Firstly the item i recieved did not have the hard disk size it was mean to have, mine arrived with only a 75gb hdd instead of the 640gb as advertised. We later found out that the hardwear was correct but the hard drive had not been setup correctly which fortunatly was not hard to do. But for someone with less computer skills this is not really what you would expect from what is meant to be a premium product.

Secondly the blue screens of death are just beyond a joke with this machine, when i first turned it on i thought ok looks nice but the moment you so much as did anything you got a blue screen..... I thought maybe it was a software issue so decided to update windows and the HP preinstalled components but this made things worse, the reason being as the updates were installing the computer would blue screen and corrupt the data and you would need to restore the computer... this i did like 5 times.

Thirdly after the 5th time the restore software built into the laptop by hp got corrupted and it would no longer install so i was left with a laptop which did nothing. I contacted HP and was recommended to BUY a restore disc to put the computer back to factory settings........ On that note i reboxed the machine and returned it and instead brought an Asus K53SD for slightly more from laptops direct and got twice the power and my new laptop has not given me a single problem.

All i ask for anyone concidering a HP machine is to look up on google HP bluescreen you will be shocked, it is stuff like this which is the reason that HP are in so much trouble. Don't take my word for it go look for yourself!!!!!
on 16 September 2012
bought this almost a month ago thinking it would be well capable of running engineering software for university such as autocad because of the stated 2gb graphics card. After trying out the various software that i need i found that autocad becomes very laggy after a few minutes.

After a bit of research ive found that this is actually has integrated graphics and not a 2gb dedicated card. silly me for believing intel HD was dedicated. I am fairly disappointed with this, if it had stated integrated graphics then i wouldn't have purchased it. I am just wondering though is there a way i can dedicate more of my ram to graphics as i have upgraded to 8gb?

Apart from the misleading graphics, everything else is great.The processor is fast and the fan runs quietly compared to other laptops. Battery life is ok so far,about 3-4hrs when not running graphics intensive programs. It is also very thin and light so it is easy to carry around. three usb 2.0 ports and a HDMI port. all very usefull

all in all, its a decent laptop, well capable of day to day things, but by no means a gaming laptop or capable of 3D rendering. i am hoping i can increase the 2gb of integrated graphics,or that the 8gb ram upgrade might make it possible to use the engineering software with reduced lag.
5 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 6 September 2012
Very good laptop have looked around many places like pc world, dell, ebuyer and none of them could compare this level of quality for the price offered by amazon, yes there are other laptops out there that are faster and have more processing power but this one suited me very well and was good value for money, compared to others that are more expensive for very little difference i would certainly recommend this to anyone looking to get a new as this replaced an Acer that I had for 7 years
5 people found this helpful
on 6 July 2012
This is nice laptop with a good build quality (and excellent parameters for the price in my opinion)
Good:
very silent hard drive, I can't actually hear it at all
very good battery life, above 4 hours browsing web with music
keyboard + touchpad quality (feel)
touchpad supports several finger gestures
sound quality
slim and light
hp utilities (not for pc gurus)

Not so good:
quality of the webcam picture is not very good
hp preinstalled wallpapers are awful :)

Again I think this laptop is very good value for money and I happily reccommend it.
7 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I have been satisfied with this laptop overall. I am not too technologically knowledgeable so I don't know if it functions at a better quality than other laptops, all i know is it isn't slow, and does what I need it to do. I have been advised by a friend to delete all the programmes it comes with at first as they do slow down the whole system.

One glaring problem though is the mouse pad. It gets greasy much too easily and stops working. At first the mouse movements get jerky, then it doesn't respond much, like it is only picking up the occasional movement of my finger. It will also zoom in and out at random as I move my finger. After three months of suffering this I just bought a mouse and use that all the time now. This should not be a problem, all mouse pads will pick up grease off the fingertips so should be built to continue working. Definitely has soured the product some.
on 26 September 2012
I bought this laptop because I needed A laptop and because I wanted it to be able to run Guild Wars 2. I does, beautifully. It is kind of a hidden gem too. My friend just spent £800+ on a better laptop and it doesn't have an HD screen. These hidden features make this laptop a top purchase. Battery life is pathetic (around 3 hours) but no one should expect much from a laptop like this. It is fairly light and the screen is huge. The keyboard was something that I was afraid of. I like the Apple-like keyboard but this is actually quite nice too. The main thing is that I thought it will be horrible but it is quite user friendly.
I would recommend this laptop to anyone who wants a great laptop for under £400.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 March 2014
I didn't actually receive the correct laptop model ( as listed above ), I received the right laptop model but a much higher spec. one which had not been set up properly, luckily I can do these things myself and I now have a very fast HP G Series laptop which I am delighted with.
on 31 May 2012
Purchased for my daughter, easy setup reliable. Battery usage is good full charge to low 4hrs ish constant use with wifi on.
Does not have Bluetooth all round good value for money and looks nice too.
Mike
14 people found this helpful
on 23 March 2013
The screen cracked within warranty period and HP said they would not replace it and I needed to pay £320 to replace it - ripoff! I got one online for £40. Video to replace screen has 140,000 hits so they obviously are no good.
on 7 September 2012
Love it. Very stylish, easy to set up and use. Would have liked a number pad on the right - that's why I haven't given it 5 stars - but am getting used to the lack of one. Haven't used it for videos or music - not what I want it for. Would recommend it especially for the price. As I also got a mouse free which is all the better!
One person found this helpful