on 2 February 2015
First of all, as anyone who has owned Lofty Wiseman's book in any form will be aware, his SAS Survival Guide is amazing, accessible and full of superb information that really would save your life when you needed it. I cannot praise it highly enough.

This is, however, reviewing the app format of this information. Sadly, I've been disappointed. While it's great to be able to search for the various parcels of info you might need, the thing which I expected to be most brilliant about this digital version was the ability to access video content of Wiseman demonstrating his methods. Try as I might I unfortunately cannot get this feature to work. As instructed by Amazon, I contacted the app developer, but have received no response at all.

It's a real shame as I had great hopes for this. As it is, I'll be sticking to my Collins Gem edition, unless Trellisys.net do something about the problem soon. Poor service so far. Very poor.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2014
I would have given this app 5 stars had it not been for the poor quality photo and video library's. The videos seem very last minute and low quality. I use a kindle fire hd and I find the images in the image gallery too small and grainy . But, other than my little gripe on the image and video library, the rest of the app is excellent and well worth the investment. I also have the paperback version of this book and they go very well together. Highly recommended :)
on 20 January 2016
Had problems initially getting this to work, kept getting "cannot contact server" messages; contacted the two providers for assistance but never got a reply. Started working after a week! Content itself is excellent.
on 30 May 2014
If you want the best then Loftys survival book has proven its self over time and with millions of readers/student's. This app brings yet another version that gives the reader easy access to invaluable information. Packed with pictures and videos and an easy search function you cannot go wrong. Brilliant!
on 7 August 2014
I still have my first edition copy, the app, the e-version, and the Collins gem. The best ever of its kind aimed at civilians, and I suspect largely responsible for the birth of the British prepper movement. Extremely useful and informative, it's current edition is testament to its longevity.
on 18 December 2014
This book is extremely detailed considering it covers nearly every type of survival situation. Even down to the type of swamp you're in. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. It could seriously save lives.
on 13 March 2015
i have the book, the lite app and now the full app, its brilliant and would recommendto either buy the book or download the app, some useful skills and well written
on 28 January 2015
If you are looking for a how too guide for survival then look no further than this item. It is a bible for all adventurers/preppers/survivalists/campers
on 29 October 2013
I'm a teenage girl, and unlike others spend most my time in the woods! This app was perfect for me and it is full of information. Quizes and more!worth its money!
One person found this helpful
on 16 May 2013
Love this book and would reccomend it to anyone that goes camping,hiking or is into survival. I will be getting a hard copy to put in my bug out bag.
One person found this helpful