on 9 March 2013
I was looking for a capture card to live stream on Twitch.tv and after extensive research, two cards seemed to fit the bill. This one and the Live Gamer HD. I decided that this one better suited my needs and the Live Gamer had many features that I simply didn't need - it also captures in a different format from this one.

Xsplit picked this card up without problem and setup was very easy. Make sure you use the drivers of the AverMedia website, rather than the outdated ones on the included install CD.

It performs excellently but be aware - streaming at 1080P will still require a decent CPU (i5 or i7 recommended).
on 28 June 2013
I had a black magic, that turned out to be incompatible with my motherboard. This on the other hand, had no problems whatsoever. I plugged it in, installed the drivers the came with it in 5 minutes, and it worked right away. Its cheaper than its competitors, yet it works perfectly, as would be expected of any expensive capture card. One nice thing I noticed, which I have found highly problematic with other cards, is that this will detect the video input and adjust on the fly, meaning you don't have to fiddle about with the settings just to get a picture, this will do that on its own. (You can still adjust manually, but I've had no need for that.)
on 12 October 2014
Bought it to use as a pass through to play game consoles through it. Used a hdmi switch in the hdmi slot. Works perfectly. Software is a bit dated but does what I needed it to do. Very satisfied
on 1 August 2013
This is easily one of the best capture cards on the market. It has awesome quality and the software is very easy to use. It's easy to stream with whilst using programs like OBS and xsplit. Only downside is that I can't get a usb microphone to work with it which is a shame, so I can't live commentate.
on 2 September 2013
Arrived quickly and well packaged. Very pleased with the outcome of the item and is a must have for anyone looking for a capture card.
on 24 July 2013
It is very usefull but you cannot record ps3 with hdmi and if you record with component cabels from your computer screen the gameplay to you comes late
on 25 March 2012
+ Easy to install
+ Saves quick
+ Useful cables incl.
+ CD
+ REcentral (soft) will support it
+ Many choices for file types
+ Support (help desk, ...)

- It costs me 170 euro (Belgium), in the US it's $140
- Avermedia center 3D (soft) layout is ugly
- HDCP -.-

([...]
on 21 April 2012
I've been using this for the last few months, and it's an amazing piece of hardware. 1080p HD Video recording and perfect for streaming Xbox 360 games and PC games on Twitch.tv via XSplit.

Would recommend to anyone who has a high end computer and fast internet connection, and wants to stream live game play.