Customer reviews

Album (2011 - Remaster)
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.93

on 9 March 2012
This was PIL's return to form after some years of changing lineups, and questions over Lydon's commitment to the cause. The LP receives mixed reviews but if you're a PIL fan, you know this as a bright point in the catalogue, not least because it features the brilliant 'Rise' in its proper context.

The sound is epic, due to Bill Laswell's production, and the stellar lineup of musicians on hand-- including Steve Vai, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Shankar, Ginger Baker and more. You wouldn't know who plays on what from the liner notes because there aren't any. The information about who plays can be found in the books and websites related to PIL and Lydon, but even then, the truth of who did what is still... out there somewhere.

So the packaging is true to the original, except.. shouldn't this be called COMPACT DISC?

The remaster is sheeny and spiky.
VINE VOICEon 2 May 2012
Having been fortunate enough to be 15 at the time of the punk explosion the splitting up the Sex Pistols was serious bad news.
Johnny Rotten turned into John Lydon and Public Image were formed. After the first album, which I loved, I lost interest in them as they rambled as opposed to the Pistols directness.
After buying 'live at Brixton 2009' and being blown away by the power of the bass and the heavy sound, I started to delve into the remastered 2011 catalogue.
The sound is superb, the original CDs always sounded tinny and the thin sound put me off.
This is how they were supposed to sound and...........

I feel like I have found Johnny all over again !
His vocals snarl as great as they ever did and his lyrics are always antagonist and prophetic.
This ALBUM is superb and I am buying them all one by one.
I honestly believe he is one of the greatest artists of our time, very underrated by the mainstream.
Can't wait for the new album!
on 14 May 2016
Great classic
on 10 June 2015
The usual fantastic, amazing, weirdo and powerful music of the great PIL! I bought all the remasterized CDs and the sound is much better, clean and clear. And the New covers and internal parts in the case are just great! Amazing music with Johnny Lydon!
on 25 October 2014
great
on 19 October 2014
very well packaged and excellent price point.
on 29 June 2017
Brilliant album. Enough said.
on 6 January 2016
Very pleased
on 16 June 2013
Bought this Album on Cassette years ago, wore it out in the car and walkman.
Bought it on CD Lent it out, didn't come back.
This Album just keeps turning up.
It is Brilliant Though.
Just Played a sample on Amazon and I was away back in the day.
on 13 July 2015
OK I admit I was ignorant to the existence of this. Ease was recommended and of course I recognised Vai's playing. What planetary alignment brought these artists together is an enigma, I guess there was some happenstance and the result is quite something. Whilst I was certainly around at the time the Pistols kicked off, this part of Lydon's creativity was an unknown to me, I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes, but I'm glad I found it. Astonishing album and the sound from the remaster is fresh and well presented.