on 21 February 2014
At the end of the last book we see Ian’s spirit passing on to the ‘other side’ once Riley finds Laria’s journal and breaks the curse. Riley is heartbroken but can’t exactly tell anyone that her ghost boyfriend has now left and so tries to grieve silently. Soon after, two of the younger MacKinnon’s return to school from holiday; Kade and Cait. Kade’s resemblance to Ian both physically and emotionally shocks Riley, but they get along immediately.

Their immediate attraction infuriates Laria, the evil spirit, who has also returned, albeit in spirit form. This time Laria is even more evil and dangerous than before, furious that Ian’s soul has returned and that he’s back with Riely. Laria manages to hurt Riley and her family in a number of ways, often not caring about having an audience.

Kade feels a connection with Riley but he has no idea that Riley can see ghosts, that she was in love with his ‘ancestor’ ghost Ian or that Riley cuts. In this way Kade is different to Ian because Ian knew all Riley’s secrets, mostly because he could spy on her!

This book was scarier than the first because Laria possessed quite a few people, and physically hurt Riley on several occasions. Plus there are other dark spirits around that are trying to cause trouble. Hopefully in the third book we’ll finally see Riley able to protect herself in some way, rather than getting hurt or being saved by friendly spirits.

Favourite Quotes:

Despite the fact that Kade was at practice, which was a relief in itself, I had to be sure not to say anything or let on that this wasn’t my first visit to their home. It’s not like I’d blurt out, “Hey, I’m the one who broke into your home while you were on holiday to perform a ritual to free your ancestor Ian from a curst put on him by a dead, but very evil witch.” Yeah, that’d go over so well.

Tempers ran high, especially in the city where everyone was in a hurry to get where they were going. It didn’t matter if you were halfway around the world. People were people.

At least I was having a good hair night. I couldn’t say the same for Dana, who had gone with an updo that made her nose look bigger. “There are mean spirits everywhere...just as there are mean people everywhere. A person doesn’t change who they are when they die. If an earthbound spirit was cruel in life, then that spirit would be cruel in death.”

I knew too well the feeling of having someone you care about die. A piece of you dies with them.
on 24 October 2014
Phew I was really enjoying that book and it just ended!!!!! No out come to anything. No doubt the next book must cost a lot so u have no choice to buy it. Gutted but still enjoyed it and the first one to.
on 12 April 2013
Really enjoyed this.book and can't wait to read the next instalment of this series. Laria is one evil spirit that's now haunting Riley. I'm interested to see how things work with kade and Ian and if they are the same soul. I'm starting it now can't wait
on 24 February 2013
These series is brilliant loving Riley and Kane/Ian the idea of soul mates and true love spanning time is great! The evil laria is truly creepy and the fact that she is taking possession of her friends and brother and getting stronger is going to make for a truly great last book. Which I am going to start reading as soon as i finish this review :-)
on 16 September 2014
This is the third book in the series. There is a fourth titled The MacKinnon Curse which explains the story from a different point of view however I think that I am happy ending the series here. The third book was my favourite book from the three in the series however all three of the books were just brilliant.

The Haunted introduced us to a stronger and braver Riley who wasn't as focused on boy drama as she has been in previous books and although I absolutely enjoyed the love story running through it was refreshing to see a different side to the heroine. I loved the girl power feel of this book and how Riley would do anything to protect her friends. She managed to over come challenges with her dad and with herself and the limits of what I could handle on the scary front were pushed.

Its difficult to express how much I enjoyed this trilogy without talking about things that may spoil the experience for people who have not read this book so I will keep this short and sweet.

I loved this read
on 2 August 2014
Brilliant!! I love this book series and I'm gutted that the third book was the last one, I was hoping it will be more....
The writing style, the characters in it, the background, I just love everything about it, you i found it original and different from most ghost /supernatural stories .
on 29 January 2014
Moving so quickly from the first book I thought this one was going to be better but I thought it was slow and dwelled on unimportant parts rather than really digging into why the evil ghost girl came back to get revenge...and it never had a solid idea for how the Ian was reincarnated ...I was disappointed that it also didn't stick to the description that I read about it...let's hope the next book will be better and comes to a conclusion . I don't want to waste my money...
on 22 September 2014
After the first book some of the mysteries are coming to light and the development and interaction between the main characters are quite mesmerising. Look forward to the next one.
on 1 July 2013
A quick read - good story line and good for taking on holiday - not great for a more prolonged read - so if you want something a bit more in depth maybe anpther story?
on 28 December 2013
Omg...finished this book in one go, thought the first book was hard to put down, writing this review and off to download next one...