on 12 June 2013
Brilliant product, does exactly what it's supposed. I had lots of fun playing about with my phone while watching it all on my tv! Only downside is that, even with the charger connected, it does drain the battery fairlh rapidly. If I wanted to watch a whole film, I'd really need to make sure the battery was fully charged to begin with.
11 people found this helpful
on 17 March 2015
I was toying with the idea of getting an android box but I thought that there must be a way to get my phone output to the TV. For a tenner this is a cracking piece of kit. A note about the charging port, for my phone at least (htc one m8), it doesn't really charge the phone, since the screen must be on but it usually keeps it at the same percentage. There's an app which turns off the screen while still outputting but I'm a cheapskate!

Overall it's a great item to use for watching videos, viewing images, etc.
on 12 April 2012
Not sure what this product would be like, but it got a good review. However, I am amazed at the quality. It was easy to set up (plug in, switch off phone and restart - hey presto) and I can't get my head round how good it looks on the TV. Viewing my own photos, videos, just about anything is a pleasure. Excellent definition. Superb. I could go on and on with superlatives. But if you want to watch what's on your phone in a bigger size (make sure you have a HD TV and the right kind of phone though) then it's worth £10 of anyones money. (I have a Samsung Google Nexus phone and my wife has an HTC Beats Audio phone and they both work brilliantly).
on 1 May 2012
Used for a Samsung Galaxy Note. Purchased this after some research on products. Didn't want to spend too much on something I might not use that much. The first review on this item (by the seller) was very helpful.
For the price this was excellent value and easy to use. You need to plug the power supply in at the same time but it worked fine. HD videos and photos off the TV screen. Basically you see the phone screen mirrored on the TV. Switch the phone to landscape and the image on the TV does the same. The adapter itself seems will made and the price makes it a no-brainer. Worth the five stars.
on 26 June 2014
Bought it as I paid for the sky sports app on my phone and thought I could then project the stream onto my laptop or t.v. Unfortunately the app blocks projecting so I didn't have much other use for it. Tried it with YouTube to see if it worked and it worked perfectly and no installation required. If you need one get this one
on 19 June 2014
Got this to enable hdmi output on my Sony Xperia Z phone, found that it works on every other device I tried it on that specifies MHL support in its manual, including my xperia tablet z and my friends Asus pad phone 2
Would highly recommend this to others.
One person found this helpful
on 26 March 2015
Connects my Sony Xperia Z tablet to my Samsung TV perfectly. With Playstation controller linked to Sony tablet, games work a treat on the big screen. (Unfortunately does not allow you to watch Sky Go - HDMI connection detected - not supported by Sky!).
on 2 October 2015
Works for Sony Xperia. Can watch almost anything on my TV now while streaming off phone. (doesn't work on Now TV as it's blocked by Sky) I have an older TV so the Now TV dongle is not an option for the time being.
on 28 April 2016
Took a while to come I thought if I went with the more expensive one it would last but I already have to wiggle the connection about as it's gone loose
on 1 May 2012
Bought this for use with my Samsung Galaxy S2. Very happy with purchase, product works pretty much as advertised though it's worth being aware of a couple of limitations of the SG2 phone when in use (not the adapter). Running a movie from the SG2 looks great on my HDTV. However, trying to use the set-up to run iPlayer from wifi gives only low/medium resolution output to the TV - I think this is probably a limitation of the processing capability of the SG2 to stream high quality video from the internet simultaneously with HDMI. I also found that it was necessary to start iPlayer running before connecting the adapter otherwise iPlayer stalled. Neither of these are major problems but just a little annoying.