Customer reviews

on 26 March 2015
Item received free with my PS3 purchase on 15th September 2013, pictures taken and review done on 26th March 2015.

I gave one pair of these triggers to a friend and kept one pair for my own controller, both pairs have now been in use for over 18 months and are all in like new condition.

The triggers are very easy to fit and snap into place with the minimum of effort, despite the additional size they are comfortable and reasonable natural to use and do not require much time to become accustomed too.

I have found them to be overall a marked improvement when compared to just the standard PS3 controller buttons, but where they shine is obviously during FPS games and they do make a highly noticeable improvement on gameplay.

I consider myself to be a rather tactile gamer when it comes to the sticks and triggers, keeping my fingers close to the buttons on my controller and making soft presses of buttons. I suppose this comes from playing lots of flying, racing and stealth games on the console, Soft partial movement of the triggers or sticks is often better than snap full presses. As a result I have never had a trigger ever fall off during gameplay.

My friend however is not a tactile gamer and mostly plays FPS games. Now while I do not see him every day I do see him most Friday nights for some local multiplayer gaming and can state from seeing him in action that he is far more aggressive with his controller, he keeps his fingers further away from the buttons and always snaps full presses of the sticks and triggers. During the time I have seen him play he has lost a trigger at least 4 maybe 5 times during gameplay, as I only see him playing once a week it is fair to say it obviously happens to him at home, so you can easily double that number.

Both of us have lost triggers when not playing, even the shortest drop of the controller on a hard floor will cause at least one trigger to come flying off, no where near as bad on carpet with underlay, but wooden floors, laminate even carpet tiles you will need to get into a habit of being carful not to intentional or accidently drop the controller on the floor.

That being said all triggers after all this time still look like new and are not showing any signs of damage to either the triggers or the controller buttons, and they are not exactly hard to put back on. They are strangely rather difficult to try and remove intentionally.

For FPS games nothing beats the 360 triggers, however the PS3 controller with these triggers I find better for almost all other types of games, especially racing and flying games.
review image review image review image review image
on 12 November 2016
Clips perfectly on to ps3 buttons. Have 2 controllers so this 4 pack was perfect. Solidly clips on to buttons that they enhance so fingers don't slip off while gaming anymore. Gioteck versions. Were more expensive and you only get 2 and the plastic clips on them split way too easily. Will use these guys again definately
on 12 January 2017
Good triggers and very strong and work. Sadly they will break after a while from wear and tear but that's expected but overal good triggers.
on 22 March 2017
Fits perfectly on the controller and makes the trigger buttons feel more responsive.
on 30 July 2017
Perfect fit and stay on securely, in fact I'm using them right now
on 12 April 2015
Are a great fit to the controller and very robust unlike other makes.
on 9 October 2012
I've "buyed and tried" the others (Giotech and Orb) and these are tons better. They hook over the bottom first then very tightly clip at the top. The full bar across the bottom makes them fit much tighter and should stop them spreading at the bottom so over time they (hopefully) shouldn't loosen. They are a slightly different shape and feel to the others but function just as nicely. I bought 2 pairs and i'm now going to order 2 more pairs for my other controllers. One thing i will say (although this isn't stopping me buying more) is that the plastic feels a little bit more rigid and hence brittle. I wonder if they survive so many drops and knocks but i'm yet to find that out. I think i prefer the rigidity for the fact they won't keep popping off while playing. Definately give them a try, i'm liking them a lot.
33 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2013
Thankfully I found these great trigger caps after wasting my time with Geoteks flimsy, brittle pieces of tat..

these beauties are a superb fit & stand up to the pressures of 16 strong online racing or deathmatch in GTA V!!!!

could not be happier with this purchase, priced the same as those other (Geotek) bits of rubbish but SO much more real quality in the actual product I have no problem at all praising these to the hilt..!!! Once you've added these you'll wonder why you hadn't done it before...

BUY WITH ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE ..... WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
on 23 June 2012
these clip on really well, dont fall off when in use and feel well built. will certainly last longer than the giotech ones (bought several in the past) only £2.50 a pair. recommended
on 22 April 2013
These are little plastic covers that you clip onto your existing ps3 controller and they give a much nicer feel (and stop your finger slipping off - it rests on the curved trigger).

These particular triggers are an excellent replacement for your snapped giotech triggers (I've never had some of the giotech ones that lasted longer than a few months).

These have already survived a couple of drops onto carpeted floor, my old triggers would have popped off but these are held on by the bar you can see in the product illustration - I can't imagine them coming off very easily even if you wanted to remove them!

The only slight downside is they are a different shape to the old triggers I'm used to - not really a massive problem but it feels a bit weird the first few times I uses them. I'm sure they'll be fine when I've used them more. They're definitely an improvement on the vanilla controller (sans trigger attachments)

For the ultimate in ps3 controller pimping buy control stick extensions too :)

See one answered question