on 7 September 2013
First off, mine didn't even arrive (but that's ok because Amazon's refund policy is top notch). My friend, also ordered one (don't ask!). His did arrive, albeit without the mains plug shown in the picture - with a number of "attachments" missing and a broken clip. The instructions are in "unreadable transalated english" and tell you very little. Getting the video from the camera to the PC is almost impossible and when, by pure chance, we managed it - the video quality is just appalling - no, REALLY appalling. My advice, save your money and buy a better quality camera. It isn't even worth the small price tag. I remain surprised that Amazon still sell this.
on 21 March 2014
was asked to remove the last statement as they said i would be refunded in full ..... so i removed it .... no refund to date so far ..... The product is only up to windows 2000 friendly ..... windows 7-8 not applicable all in all a piece of crap ..... would i recommend it ... no chance
on 10 June 2013
The camera works, is fairly good quality and is fairly durable.

There is an irremovable time stamp across the bottom of the screen which I have not been able to set to the correct time. The manual is in chinglish and is no help with figuring out anything but basic operation.

Also, due to the type of camera this is, you need to stand further back from what you are trying to film than you would think and there is no way to check what is in shot until you get home and look at the video.
on 16 April 2015
I received a camera with dead battery.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 October 2012
 I ordered one of these as it's cheap but unfortunately what arrived was not a MD80 but a D001

How to tell a MD80 from a D001

MD80: Matt front D001: Shiny front
MD80: Slide switches for power & mode D001: Push switches
MD80: Time stamp is white D001: Time stamp is yellow
MD80: Box Front Says 'Mini DV' D001: Box Front Says 'Voice Recorder'

The instructions supplied also only refer to the camera as a D001 & make no mention of MD80!

I queried with the seller who replied 'its our MD80' and it does appear many sellers are mistakenly selling the D001 fake thinking its really a MD80, so beware.

My findings of this D001:

Resolution: 320x240 not 720x480. Recordings are made at 720x480 but are clearly up-scaled, a resolution chart indicates the sensor is actually 320x240.
Angle of View: 20 degrees not 60 degrees. Giving effectively a permanently zoomed view & making framing very difficult. This is caused by using a much lower resolution chip than intended for the lens, I suspect the lens is the original 2 Mega Pixels, the CMOS Sensor being just 0.5 Mega Pixels.
Battery life: 30 minutes not the 2 hours promised.
The camera comes with a range of mounting clips, however they have already started to break.
The original MD80 'driver disk' is labelled 'Mini DV' my D001 'driver disk' turned out to be a blank writable disk!

Some may argue 'why complain at this price' but you should get an original MD80 at this price, not a clone and for very little more true HD cameras can be bought (ie 720P or 1280x720). Tip: Avoid anything saying 1280*960 resolution, their up-scaled 640x480 or 320x240.

The video shows the D001 picture with inset the picture from a 808 #15 key fob camera bought for very little more. The 808 #15 resolution is 1280x720 but its Angle of View is 54 degrees, slightly less than an MD80, but much wider than this D001!
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 July 2013
My computer can't even find it when it's connected and the instructions are completely in Chinese so the only way I can find out how to work it is by looking on You Tube. I bought it to use as a hat cam on our holiday ad am absolutely gutted because we can't even take bad pictures with it! I wish I'd saved my money and my time, I certainly won't recommend the seller or product to anyone!
on 27 November 2013
i all ready have one of these and when i got this unit i was so disaponted the sound is un reconisible the video is dark
and out of focuse just a total duff item stay clear.
on 1 June 2013
you gets what you pay for
you can se if this is something you need
and if by a better and expensive then
on 2 November 2013
I turn it on but the record button doesn't work. Moreother, the device cannot be fixed in the cradle with clip
on 29 December 2014