on 16 February 2014
I am re-starting my degree through the O.U later this year and this book is a great starting point for anyone getting back into study. Chapters on note taking/reading effectively, how to take notes in seminars/lectures. Also chapters on time management, referencing and essay writing. This will definitely be very useful for any mature student.
on 25 June 2014
This is far the best study skills book I ever bought (and I bought a few useless ones before). It goes straight to the point in a way that filled me up with confidence to get started with preparing for my MSc. the author writes like someone who has been through education as a mature student with other responsibilities to juggle. Just like me, I am very happy with the advice contained in the book and would recommend to any mature student who has been out of education for a long time.
on 18 August 2013
A good insight to how Uni or higher education might affect you and what is expected. Good explanations of terminology and having read this book I now feel prepared to start my degree. Would really recommend this book to parents returning to higher education whilst raising a family.
on 18 May 2014
as a mature student who had not done any University work for at least 15 years, I found this book very helpful and easy to understand
on 20 September 2015
This book is concise and to the point, leaving out all the stuff mature students don't need, like how to do your washing and how to make friends, it's just good stuff. Highly recommended.
on 13 November 2009
After the disappointment of the first Lucinda Becker book I reviewed, I am glad to say this one is much better. There is a lot more relevant and constructive content in it. I am happy to give this book the full five stars.
on 14 October 2015
Excellent resource for mature students! I found this very useful and practical and it never leaves my book bag.
on 30 October 2015
Fabulous study guide for mature students from what is expected of you to how to study.
on 26 April 2016
Like new, great condition. Very happy and would use again
on 27 October 2015