Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 27 August 2013
I purchased this little device for my iMAC , running MAC O/S 10.8.4. The drivers supplied, both from the support web site and direct from the support team crashed my MAC within ten seconds of opening. After the second attempt they simply stopped responding, which seems to acknowledge to me that they cannot provide a driver that works for MACs. Got a full refund from Amazon, and sending it back was easy, but the whole experience was a massive waste of time.
on 30 March 2013
It is not easy to use it to play dvds which is the main reason for the purchase The delay on the screen makes it very poor quality. Stills and displays are fine. The info for this product is misleading as it does not plug and play there are a number of settings to produce a picture and I have yet to master the playing dvd playing.
on 7 August 2014
I don't have a big screen TV in my living room and I use that room to teach antenatal and breastfeeding classes. Part of the classes involve showing DVDs. I had been using a large (18" screen) Sony Vaio laptop to show the DVDs which wasn't bad, and the sound quality on it is brilliant, but having seen one of my colleague's big screen TV and show easy it was for her to show her class similar DVDs, I wanted to improve my class's experience.

My living room is being renovated at the moment, so I have plenty of bare walls, which was a perfect opportunity for me to try out this cute little projector. My only problem in setting it up was in getting it to work when a DVD was playing. It displayed anything on the computer itself beautifully, but as soon as a DVD started in the drive, either the DVD or the projector, stopped working. A visit from a techie got this sorted; it was the inbuilt WIN DVD player that was the problem; once he uninstalled that and installed VIN, it all worked like a dream.

Last night was the first night I used the projector actually in class. I don't have a perfect setup yet because I couldn't find the screw adaptor that would allow me to use a tripod with it, but I still managed to perch it on a tripod anyway, and I was thrilled with the result. The picture was bright and clear admittedly in the dark, it wouldn't have worked so well in daylight. In fact, it wouldn't really work at all in daylight as the projector isn't nearly bright enough to counteract natural light. But in the dark room it was great, and I am very pleased indeed with it. On the topic of the screw adaptor, a phone call to Philips resulted in them promising to send me the adaptor free of charge. I haven't yet received it, but the call was only two days ago so I presume I'll get it very soon!
on 25 March 2015
Although i liked the product and it's portability and functionality, It's not really suitable for business environment due to it requiring Full Administrator Rights to the machine to run the software, which we are reluctant to do for security and audit purposes.
on 3 March 2016
This projector is great for presentations but has lots of limitations.
- I stream movies by projecting the image onto the ceiling and watch in bed. You can also watch things like Youtube etc but to really enjoy watching films, I would not use this projector as the brightness is poor and the resolution low.
- It is fine to look at photos or just project an image

One other important point.....the projector must be positioned a long way back to have a fair sized image on the wall (I'm talking several metres)
on 11 August 2015
Its supposed to work with apple IOS but id doesn't. Its a shame as its small and would have done the job, it seemed bright enough as well for such a small unit. I would advise anyone looking to use this with a macbook to look for another product. After phillips contacted a few times to no avail, ended up sending it back and buying an axa p4x which does work with the latest MacBooks, although was more expensive but a higher spec.
on 18 February 2015
I bought a reconditioned one from Amazon warehouse and it's excellent. Used it this week for a PowerPoint talk in a big hall - used a tripod to get height correct. As previously said, it won't go to huge size but fine for general
Use. It's very light so tripod keeps it in place. Focus faded out a couple of times but generally perfect. Easy to set up - download the Pico software. Just remember to put shortcut the n desktop as you need to click on it each time you start up presentation. Going to get another for our business network.
on 20 November 2014
Great but maybe not for all mac users.
I tried this out on all of my different computers (all apple macs) and it only worked on one this was because it was a later version of software
I emailed Phillips support team on this matter, this was their response:

The Pico Pix Viewer 2 that we have for MAC is compatible for 10.7,10.8 and 10.9.

PPX2055 is not supported on Mac OS 10.10 and there will be no further development.

Just wanted to clear that out for any mac users out there thinking about buying this product! if you have a 10.7 10.8 or 10.9 then i definitely would recommend as it looks great!!! But unfortunately i am going to have to return, seeing as it is not compatible, which is such a shame because in theory this projector was just perfect!
If you are planning to buy this item to use it for business meetings and/or client presentations - DO NOT BUY IT!!! It is by far not bright enough and in order to see properly you need to completely turn off the lights in the boardroom which is not quite acceptable for a business meeting and/or training. It is indeed very small and you and convenient to carry around, but otherwise of no use.
on 21 June 2014
This is a neat little projector that works remarkably well. It WILL work with Mac computers – just be sure you are running an up to date OS and have the correct drivers (supplied on disc or available on Philips website) installed on your hard drive. The image quality is good, though probably not as good as that produced by higher spec projectors. But neither is it as expensive. The image brightness is okay, too, though it won't compete with very bright room illumination. I use it to project stills. I don't know now it performs with video, but I'm guessing it copes pretty well. Also bear in mind that this is an older version of Philips PicoPix. They have other, possibly improved, versions – at higher prices, of course.