Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 11 August 2017
My introduction to Marlena Shaw was in 1976 when I heard "It's Better than Walking Out" playing on the radio. A superb disco recording it failed to chart despite heavy play on Radio 1. I loved that voice, that attitude. I managed to find a copy of the single after trudging around every record store in Glasgow one Saturday - ah the "good old days" before the goldmine that is the internet. It would be a number of years before I would cross paths with this amazing vocalist again. Since then I have been eagerly tracking down her back catalogue and never fail to be impressed by the wide variety of material and styles she encompasses. This album is for me one of her best. The vocals are superb as ever- arrangements are too. The remastering is very good. So glad I was able to track this down and at such a great price too!
on 6 March 2017
Absolutley pleased with my purchase, it was in mint condition too
on 29 January 2011
I had never really heard of Marlena Shaw until I saw that Big Break were putting this cd out. I decided to buy it as I have been really impressed with the stuff they have been putting out. I was not disappointed. The album is an eclectic, smooth mix of disco, soul and jazz influenced gems. Marlena has a fantastic voice that instantly draws you in. The remastering is wonderfully clear and crisp.
The cd comes with very detailed notes and commentary on Marlena and the album's recording history. I would highly recommend it and thanks again to Big Break for the reissue.
on 17 December 2016