on 30 March 2017
Pour smoothly. But just make sure you don't fill up all the way to the top otherwise it will leave a mess when pouring
on 7 August 2017
Good quality pot...
This Andrew James 32oz Stainless Steel Milk Jug comes nicely boxed and the gift box is packed in an outer box - so, if it's a gift it will look presentable even after a tumble in the post.

The jug is beautifully made and two things immediately struck me, the thick gauge of the stainless steel and the superb polish and finish - amazing for the price. The design of the jug is equally good too as it is very stable on its wide flat base and the body of the jug has an elegant inverted fluted shape. The handle is a generous size too and this is a jug that even I can pour from without it spilling thanks to the good design of the spout. The look is completed by a discreet Andrew James logo halfway up the body of the jug.

We've used this jug for frothing milk but it would be equally at home serving custard, gravy or cream. I've measured the capacity and found it does take 900ml or 32floz when filled to the brim so arguably the usable capacity might be a fraction less. When used with hot liquids the handle remains reasonably cool. Also, despite it's highly polished finish it doesn't scratch easily and can be put in the dishwasher.

In summary, this is a robustly made but elegantly designed and practical jug which should last for decades at a bargain price. Recommended.

(Disclosure; I was supplied with free review sample - the text above reflects my honest opinion of the product).
review image review image review image review image
If you have ever tried to froth coffee without a stainless steel jug you will appreciate how vital these are to getting warm froth!

I already own a similar one and this second one I now have from Andrew James is definitely better quality; it’s well made with no horrible joins from the handle to the jug body. It looks pretty smart and I know it’s just a jug but it’s a vital bit of coffee kit for me.

The key thing with the stainless steel jugs for frothing is the heat transference as well as how light they are; you can tell if you’re going to scald you milk just by the heat that’s transferred from the jug.

The jug holds 900ml in total but as I am frothing milk I only tend to fill it a third full.

Whilst the jug is dishwasher proof, in the same way that I don’t want to dull my pans I have hand washed mine so far.

All in all an essential for frothing milk and a great capacity. No criticisms whatsoever. Highly recommended.

I was kindly provided a sample by the manufacturer to review; the opinions expressed here are entirely my own view of this milk jug.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 24 May 2013
I had been using the Gaggia Milk Frothing jug. In hindsight it is too small, not giving enough room for the expanding milk. This allows enough space for a large mug of frothed milk. Due to its wide bottom I get a much better circulation of milk, which is what is required to get dense forth. Use the Andrew James Milk Thermometer, works brilliantly with this jug.
on 17 February 2014
Very good quality stainless steel jug which I use as a milk frothing jug for our coffee machine. Its just large enough for two cups of cappuccino
on 11 June 2012
I bought this stainless steel jug which was very promptly sent and delivered within two days. The jug is of very good quality and reasonably priced. After using the jug for warming and frothing milk with my coffee machine at my restaurant I was delighted with the results. I would definately recommend :0))))
on 12 November 2013
Needed a slightly larger jug to froth up some milk for our coffee. This one is elegantly designed and just perfect for our use.
on 15 July 2012
The jug was bought primarily to froth milk from my espresso machine as many other jugs are not shaped correctly or are too small. This jug is solid and works a treat, I would recommend it fully.
on 28 December 2013
Good value jugs and good quality, dont really fit under my steaming spout that well but thats no fault of the jug.