on 29 August 2013
I bought this because I was sick of printing things that looked great on the monitor but rubbish on the print. I installed it tonight (very easy) (I have no technical skills in this area) and OMG it's like someone plugged me into a new set of eyeballs even if you never print anything its worth it just to see the difference it makes to images on screen. It has really shown me why things weren't printing correctly and makes a noticeable difference even to black and white images which I wasn't really expecting. This will save me a lot of time ink and paper should have got it earlier
on 25 February 2013
As a Mac user I've tended to rely on the standard display profiles provided with Apple's computers and screens - although aware that they weren't perfect, they were close enough - and sufficiently consistent - to predict end results.

However, I purchased a good quality third-party 27" IPS display for use with one of my Macs and the colour consistency was very poor indeed - trying to calibrate by eye was pretty much impossible.

The Spyder4Pro is capable of handling multiple screens and was therefore the obvious choice. After a little experimentation, I finally managed to calibrate the new screen to be a perfect match to the iMac that was driving it as a secondary display. The iMac's built-in screen was also much improved (it had been a tad too cool previously).

If you're serious about colour fidelity (whether for photography or DTP), this is the best £100 you're ever likely to spend. Certainly it has improved consistency in my own workflow considerably
on 15 January 2014
Shouldn't be without this piece of equipment !
Especially if you use Photoshop/Lightroom !
Makes a big difference when printing images too
on 4 February 2013
I bought this to replace my faulty Huey Pro sensor. What a revelation! My monitor is now accurate again and reliable. As for the Huey, well 10 years was a good innings I suppose.
on 5 September 2014
fantastic product
on 16 February 2013
As a Professional Photographer I need to be able to trust what I see. The Spyder4Pro gives me that. Excellent calibration tool, thoroughly recommended.
on 3 October 2013
This is probably the best purchase I have made since the DSLR camera its self. I now know that what I am seeing on the LCD monitor is accurate. My prints now also match what I am seeing!. Simple to use and just faultless.
If your reading the review wondering should you purchase one, then you already know that you need one. :-)
Delivery was also first class.
I read reviews on the SyderPro 4 that it could do more than one monitor but I couldnt find a review that it done three, it was always two but anway I took the plunge and bought it from Amazon. Not only can it do three monitors but it knew I had three monitors connected and then it could identify them and ask which one you want done, either one or the three of them. I have three monitors all the same make and model but one is older than the other two which are the same age. The syper was able to match the older one with the other two to bring all three virtually the same. I edit photos and I needed the monitors to display the correct colours or as near as it could so when I go to print the photo it was close to the colours on the monitors and it does this well. If I was going to recommend this product to other people, Then yes buy it cause if your like me into photography it will save your ink and get it right the first time, Then its worth the money.. 10/10. Its so simple to use....
on 27 September 2013
I owned the previous (non-pro) version of this device so I was already familiar with how to use it except the pro version has a few more settings and options to choose. The results were not totally accurate even with this pro version, I had to do some "tweaking" afterwards to match the monitor to my profiled printer output, but that was to be expected since my monitor is a budget-priced AOC model whose colour temperatures as stated by the manufacturer were miles out when measured.

The bottom line is that you really need a good quality monitor to get a good profile with the Spyder or indeed any similar device.
on 10 November 2014
I am not afraid to admit that printing in colour has always been a bit of a hit-and-miss affair with me! I am an experienced photographer, my son is a practicing professional and I regularly help him with his work. Why would I need to consider calibrating my colour monitor (one of the "bedrocks" of my digital photography lab) when I understand about colour, how my printer works and I can look to the necessary adjustments in the CMYK colour printing process?
Well, I finally made the decision to buy the Spyder4 PRO and I cannot begin to describe the difference it has made to my printing output. I am a perfectionist when it comes to colour balance and I cannot remember having printed the same image twice with the same output settings! (I was always "fiddling" with settings, thinking I can do that little bit better)
That is a thing of the past and I put this down to the fact that when you are able to get the whole colour environment thing right, there is no need for any adjustments to be made. Now the monitor is properly calibrated, I know I am looking at my screen and what I see is what I will get from the printer (given that you use the correct ICC colour profile for the media you are printing on - however, these are freely available from the paper manufacturers),
I cannot believe the difference that using Spyder4 PRO has made for me. I am delighted with my prints, I am using less paper and ink and I am getting more favourable comments about my photographs.
For the technically minded, I use a Samsung LED monitor, my Printer is an Epson Stylus Photo PX700W fitted with a Continuous Ink-flow System (CISS).
If you have been thinking about the need for such a device for a while, get off the fence and buy the Spyder4 PRO - you won't regret it.