Customer reviews

GYMCOR COMMERCIAL WALL MOUNTED PULL UP BAR
Price:£57.95+ £9.99 shipping

on 5 July 2017
Solid which does means its heavy. Bar doesn't spin, just need to tighten the end bolts. As another poster has stated the the through bolts used for fixing need a bit of thought, the drilled hole needs to be the correct diameter and depth so take care as they aren't designed to be refitted.
on 10 February 2017
Solid product but the wall fixings are hopelessly small. They need to be replaced with proper industrial ones.
on 26 April 2017
Bar spins which is a pain. I've drilled and screwed it to solve the problem but shouldn't have had to do that. It's a solid piece of kit once you fix the bar spinning issue.
on 22 February 2014
This is an excellent bit of kit. It is robust and unshakeable; it easily holds my weight (95kg), and has also proved a useful anchor point for a suspension trainer. The fact that it's permanently installed (indoors, in my case) means that I actually use it regularly - compared to the doorway bar that needs to be fixed before each use. It can also be placed at exactly the right height (rather than limited by existing door frames).

Would dearly love to give it five stars, but.. The one negative: it would have benefitted from instructions (were they just missing from my delivery or are they not supplied to any customers?). While the average DIY-competent person could install it without instructions, I would recommend that, if you are unfamiliar with installing "anchor sleeves", buyers took two minutes to watch related YouTube videos. Perhaps GymCor could put an installation video on their site?
on 27 August 2015
High quality, great product. As to use own screws but other than that brilliant.
on 2 March 2014
Took a while to come through over Xmas period. Weighty brackets and pole which is good as when attached to wall will support a good weight. Two man job to put up. Plenty of clearance from wall to perform pull-ups etc. Fully expect to come back from work and have to remove a hanging basket before I can start my workout.
Would recommend.
on 5 August 2013
If by the end of my fitness drive I can attain 10% of the solidity of this bit of kit, I'll be a happy man. It's ridiculously well made and obvious from the moment you heave it from the packaging that you have purchased a professional workhorse.

The bar comes with a decent set of anchor bolts which are far superior to the majority of tiny screw packs you get with many competitors. BUT - you need to be careful with these. You need to install them in a suitable wall, one made of block, brick or concrete, and if you haven't used anchor bolts before then Google how to install them. I'll warn you now, there is a knack to using these type of bolts and don't blame the product if you screw up the installation because you didn't take the time to learn how to do it.

Once you do have everything installed, it might as well have become fused to the wall it's that solid. I weight 85kg and both my wife and I hung and bounced off the bar together and it didn't budge a centimeter.

A SLIGHT ANNOYANCE:

The metal is powder coated (I think) and has quite a 'polished'/smooth finish. This looks great but when you are mid workout and sweating your goolies off it makes gripping the bar more difficult. I'd have preferred it if there was a slight ridged or patterned finish, not unlike what you might expect to see on a dumbbell bar or some such.

In any case, I wrapped the bar in a pair or handle bar wraps which added perfect grip as well as comfort so overall I'm happier at the final product.

I honestly can't recommend this bar enough if you are serious about your workouts. It's easily the best I've seen for a home environment and will probably outlast your ability to use it. Think of it as purchasing a family heirloom and hand it on to your son/daughter when you're old and rickety.
on 24 May 2014
When I first got the bar it malfunctioned after I installed it and ended up breaking on me (one of the frames bent). Needless to say I felt like a heartbroken child that had just had its ice cream knocked out of its hands. I left a two-star review so as to get some form of satisfaction, to which I was really pleasantly surprised! The seller contacted me and expressed their hopes that the issue could be resolved, in the end sending me a new frame free of charge along with some advice on how to install it the best way they knew. They were great about it and I am really glad I ordered from them. Absolutely fantastic company who care for their name and brand. Top scores all round. Would recommend highly!
on 10 April 2012
Im a big bloke 115kg, i wanted the ability to do chin ups at home. So i bought this. it came quickly, as advertised and well packaged. Brilliant product. It was easy to fit, although i would recommend having an extra set of hands. I bolted it to the back of my house. It does not budge, even with my weight doing aggressive chin ups. I am thoroughly satisfied. Would highly recommend.
on 4 June 2014
Make sure your wall is flat and square. Very sturdy construction.

This last sentence is just to pad out the required number of words.