on 1 January 2012
The second installment in Tammy Blackwell's Timber Wolves trilogy is one word: stunning. I didn't think it possible to love Time Mends even more than Destiny Binds, but add action, political intrigue and mounds of suspense to the witty dialogue and loveable characters and you've got a sure fire winner on your hands.

Time Mends sweeps the reader up into the story just after the shocking events at the end of book one (I'm giving no Alex spoilers away... you'll have to read the book to find out what happens there :-p). I think my favourite thing about book two is Scout's character development. She works through her heartbreak and all the unbelievable discoveries she encounters about herself and the shifter world and matures and changes without losing that innate, sarky, quirky Scout that made her so likeable in book one. Now she's even stronger, more vulnerable but determined not to be, more determined to be determined, and as loyal as ever. The relationships between the magical foursome that is Scout, Charlie, Talley and Jase strengthens in Time Mends and by the end of book two my emotions had been so pressed and pretzeled by them my mouth was left hanging open with another NOOOOOOOO! Where is book three?!! I need it NOW!
The characterization may have been my favourite thing about the Timber Wolves trilogy but the plot and worldbuilding have shot into equal position with Time Mends. It's action-packed, fast-paced, entertaining, addictive and completely intriguing. I was kept guessing throughout the entire book by the many twists and turns and I still have loads of questions. Love it! In fact I loved everything about this book.
Awesome! A rare treat that book two should be even better than the first!
A definite, must read,

Cannot wait for book 3!

Five Massive Massive Stars!
on 7 January 2012
I echo the previous reviewers comments. Great sequel. I love the dialogue in these books. So witty and contemporary. Particularly laughed at the hunger games reference. Scout is coming to terms with the traumatic events of book 1. Obviously read that first! There is a lot more here about the shifter world, the rules, the relationships between shifters and seers. We learn more about the local hagan pack and Jase, Talley and Charlie's places in it and we learn more about Scout's place in this world. Though I think most of that is saved for book 3. Can't wait. Though sadly autumn 2012. So I will be waiting a while. Like the first book, this isn't an automatic HEA and I really like the fact that it still isn't clear what Scout is destined to be and who the final love interest will be. Though there is plenty to speculate on.

If you enjoyed, I'd also recommend Raised by Wolves and it's sequel by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 September 2012
I was hooked with the first Timber wolves novel and reduced to tears in parts. Now Scout is trying to rebuild her life after the accidentla death of her love Alex, and find some balance after the heartbreak she faced in book one and the events that followed. She's still the same funny quirky caring scout underneath but she's greiving deeply and her freinds are concerned. She's wrapped up in her dream world where she talks to Alex while she sleeps and is convinced that somehow he's alive as she keeps seeing a grey wolf nearby. Following the drastic change of circumstances for her she's caught up in political intrigue and facing a death sentence. She feels responsible too for her friend Talley who has suddenly become popular with her birth pack who didn't want her, but now that she is a promising Seer the pack and her bullying father want her back. She doesn't want to go though and Scout is trying to save her from that, but in doing so places her and Jace in the midst of another political intrigue.
Scout is consumed by grief, Talley blames herself for Seeing the events but not preventing them, Chanrlie loves Scout and blames himself for her current grief caused by Alex' death which was precipitated by events he and Jase started, and Jase is a silent ball of unbridled anger blaming himself for his loss of control and causing Scouts terrible injuries... Its a sad sad time for the family, all grieving and blaming themselves for the events. Once again we're hooked into the happenings and emotions of the little group - hoping things will get better and yet they seem to get worse with Scount being taken by the Alpha pack to face "trial" and the others demanding to go with her to see if somehow they can help, but knowong that no-one evey is found innocent at trial.
How will they work it out, can they get over the tragic past and can scout be saved from death? Well - its a riventing read finding out how it all works together and book three thankfully is out so I quickly turned to that. I read the whole trio of books in 2 days - not that they're short but i'm a quick reader - its a fantastic series and it's joined my re read listing in kindle as I know its got so much in it that I'll happily read again and again.
on 29 January 2012
The 2nd instalment of the Timber Wolves trilogy from Tammy Blackwell, read Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves) first.

Scout is consumed by grief and has dreams of Alex that are so real that she questions if he is somehow still alive, especially when she every now and then fleetingly glimpses grey eyes and a grey wolf.
Talley blames herself for Seeing what might happen but not being able to prevent what did happen.
Jase blames himself for losing control and injuring Scout, becoming a tsunami of wrath.
Charlie blames himself for hurting Scout by causing Alex's accident, becoming a silent anger ball about to go nuclear.

Can Scout forgive her friends and how will all their relationships change ?
Will her friends support her when fate takes Scout in a direction she was not expecting ?
When the Apha Pack intervenes will her friends be able to save Scout and what would they be prepared to sacrifice, her life or theirs ?

Another gripping thriller from Tammy Blackwell, which takes up from the cliff hanger ending of Destiny Binds. She weaves drama, humour and love into a spell binding tale of extraordinary lives in a rural Kentucky setting that explores the meaning of friendship and sacrifice. This is a well-balanced coming of age story, which I have read twice, enjoying even more the second time when I better appreciated the subtleties of Tammy's writing. Highly recommended
on 6 July 2012
This is an excellent book, I hadn't read the first book before I started this one (I know, I'm awful) I didn't realise there was one before it and by the time I did I was too engrossed in this one to stop reading, so you don't need to read Destiny Binds before this book works really well on it's own and everything was explained I didn't feel I was missing out on some integral story.
The characters are all really well written and easy to like-or hate. This was one of the best books I've read on my kindle so far and I hope the author is in the process of writing a sequel.
If you're unsure of whether you should buy this book don't be, get it and be grateful later.
on 12 August 2012
I highly anticipated the second installment of the Timber Wolves Trilogy and I just knew that it wouldn't disappoint. Guess what, I was right! :) I just love how Tammy Blackwell writes, it tucks at my heart. Before I started 'Time Mends' I re-read 'Destiny Binds' and realized again how stunning the story is. As the title already implies, the second book deals for a large part with Scout grieving for Alex and trying to overcome the fact, that his death - although accidentally - has been caused by the two most important people in her life: her brother and her best friend Charlie, with whom she has been in love with basically her whole life. If you now think that story might be somehow slow or sappy, you are completely wrong: it's fast-paced, action-packed, and full of twists and turns! Scout herself goes threw a supernatural transformation I did not anticipate. The last third of the book is full of suspense and what Scout has to endure is quite hard to digest. I think I never cried over a book, but the prison scene with Charlie just broke my heart. The ending is again a cliff-hanger, although I somehow guessed Scout would meet this person again. I can't wait for the last installment. Dear Miss Tammy, if I could make a wish: I need some love for Scout, so as far as I see it there are three options:
1) she manages to forgive poor Charlie
2) falls in Love with Liam
3) or you bring Alex back

To sum it up:
Miss Tammy, you rock :)
on 11 January 2014
I actually liked this book, though I found it kind of confusing at times since I had read the first book ages ago and had forgotten some characters and some parts that had happened, which linked to this book.
However I found that this book was very well written. I was expecting to find the main character annoying but in my own opinion she wasn't at all.
I recommend this book!
on 9 March 2012
This is the second in the series and I strongly recommend you read Destiny Binds first. I loved this book and truly can't wait for the sequel. I have read far too many books of this genre but this has to be one of my favourites. Refreshing with great and believable dialogue! Please, please, please read this series!!!
on 8 January 2012
Just like the other 2 reviews I loved this book, the way the main 4 in the book interacted with each other is great.It was also very funny at times, I really like Scout to. It also kept me guessing I did'nt know what was going to happen next. I must say what I wanted to happen in the end did'nt but you never know there is a 3rd book to come. I can not wait for the 3rd book.
on 3 April 2012
I read the first book and enjoyed it, although I did shed tears. I immedeatly got the second book and couldnt put it down.
Now I cant wait for the 3rd book!
It was fast and descriptive and kept me entertained throughout.