on 13 October 2013
I bought this watch specifically to implement an extension to my Android email alert filtering app eNotify

I like this device overall:

Positives:
. Good value price wise
. Good looking device overall -- came with 2 watch bands as well
. Many very cool alternate clock faces available that completely transform the look of the watch -- like having a new watch everytime you choose a face
. The touch screen works well the gestures well designed and intuitive
. Plenty of good apps available since Sony is a first mover in this area
. Apps are easy to find because they encourage developers to add a special tag to their Googleplay descriptions
. Notifications are well designed
. Each app can have its own section [Bit more like iOS than the usual monolithic notifications in Android]
. You can move through individual notifications with swipe gestures which is really cool

The negatives:
. Loses the bluetooth connection with the HTC One V a little bit too often even when the devices are sitting side by side
. It would have been more practical had they chosen to use standard micro USB charger [Smartwatch 2 uses the standard]
. I would like a tiny speaker to offer alert beeps
. It would be good if it could do different vibration patterns as well

But I think this watch is good value for money. I'm happy to recommend it.
on 3 January 2014
Amazing idea, this was bought for a deaf person and her signer had one also. Now she never missed a text or message and all the members of the deaf club are buying them. I know the watch wasn't necessarily designed with this in mind but what an awesome tool for them!
on 30 June 2012
I have to say it's not as bad as the bad reviews says it is. First of all it looks really nice on the wrist. It's not too big not small just the right size. I can check my messages, Twitter, Facebook, missed calls, whatsapp notifications and the LOT !

But one thing is that it doesn't do so well is in direct sunlight all you'll see is the watch but won't be able to see what's displayed on it but apart from that this is the watch you need !
on 21 January 2014
Is it really necessary? Probably not but if you love gadgets, like I do, it's something else you have to have. After reading quite a few negative reviews, I was worried that it wouldn't work, especially when there didn't seem to be a definitive list of which phones it wasn't compatible with. All I can say is, I have an LG Optimus L5 and it works fine, you just have to remember to download the necessary apps and make sure you have version 4.0 or higher of Android. The coolest feature for me is when someone rings my mobile their number and contact picture appears on my watch, and it's nice having a watch with Sony on it!
on 2 September 2012
EDIT*** Why is there any 1 star reviews? This watch is amazing. Ignore the 1 star reviews, I believe they were expecting too much from the watch, like films or 3D games or something ***

I recieved this watch almost a week ago, and I can tell you now that it is everything I've been looking for. One thing to note, it's better to use a Sony or Sony Ericsson mobile, as they are optimised, however any Android 2.2 (Froyo) and above mobile will connect fine with this. I immediately downloaded a host of applications that bring out the best in this watch, and I can tell you now, I've experienced no problems. I updated the software immediately via my phone (as it asked me to). My ONLY real complaint is that without being connected to a phone, it can't do anything. Literally, it's scrap metal unless connected to a phone. The design is sleek and stylish, looks cool and feels strong. Design is flawless. There's a small delay when recieving texts or phone calls with it, but not even by a second. I certainly recommend this product, ONLY if you're planning to READ your emails and texts, not reply with the watch. That would be absurd. The watch is 89/100, Design quality is 97/100, and Amazon delivered earlier than said (and Play.com and Sonymobile.com list it as over £100!), so Amazons service has been 95/100!! I hope this review has been helpful, if you have any queries about this product, comment on this review (reply may take a few days) or go to [...] and send us a message where we'll get back to you within 2 hours guaranteed!
on 1 September 2013
The watch was delivered next day and well packaged, so top marks to the seller.

It works with my HTC One, and although there is a bit of setup needed (Downloading and installing various apps) it's hardly rocket science as some reviewers seem to have indicated.

I can't comment on how the watch works in its basic state, as I installed Augmented Smartwatch Pro as soon as I got it, as so many people had said that it was essential.

The good stuff:

Hardware is pretty decent in the main - looks nice, not bulky, bright screen indoors and responsive enough considering its size. Battery seems to be ok - I can't kill it over the course of one day of really heavy use, but for me it won't make two.

Software (With ASP) is also ok - not amazing, but mostly does the job. Support for Spotify, Whatsapp alerts (I think from ASP) and email, Gmail, Facebook and Twitter etc.

The below expectations stuff -

Hardware wise, my gripes are: The screen is totally unreadable in bright sunlight. Such a shame, because one of the key functions for me was the Google Maps facility- would be amazing to not have to have your expensive smartphone in your hand all the time whilst wandering around in unfamiliar cities looking like a tourist, but this screen just does not allow you to do this - especially if you are wearing sunglasses.

Connectivity - the range is nowhere near 10M if you are in a house with dividing walls in it! You basically need to be in the same room as the watch or it will lose connectivity. To be fair though, it is very good at re-establishing the link as soon as you are in range again, and letting you know if you have missed any notifications. (On a side note though, the range is probably more than double the 10M in my open plan office)

Accelerometer - One of the other key functions for me would be the watch face that lets you turn on the display by rotating your wrist to a horizontal position, as you would do to look at the time. Great idea, as having to press the button / tap the screen when you have hands full of shopping or luggage is a massive pain, but sadly is so unreliable it takes away the convenience aspect, as often you end up rotating your wrist half a dozen times, look like a madman, and then have to put down whatever you are carrying to press the button anyway!

All in all, the good outweighs the bad, and I think that this is a good looking and useful gadget, which for £70 seems like decent value for money. I am very interested to see what happens next though, with Sony's soon to be released Smartwatch II, and even the reported Samsung Gear model, as if they can address the above issues, t will go from being a bit of fun, to a seriously useful tool.
on 1 May 2012
I've been using it just for 5 hours now, and for now I can say, it is OK.
I've unpackaged it, installed the LiveWare android application available on Google Play to my Galaxy Nexus, and turned it on. It is just connected with my phone via bluetooth that easily.
Cons
- I didn't like the design of the watch, it would have been much more futuristic design instead of just a curved square.
- The screen resolution is not high, I can't expect a retina display but I should list this as a con here.
- The screen is not easily visible under sunlight.
- it restarted itself 2 times until now, under heavy usage of some applications, but it is connecting with the phone after restart in a couple of seconds without requiring any action.
Pros
- the screen is easily visible from any angle, (if not under sunlight)
- it works, I mean, the applications are working. screen responsiveness is ok, it vibrates when it is supposed to vibrate...
on 26 April 2015
I personally didn't like this watch in though I was buying the sw2 smart watch didn't realise there was this model 2 my fault for not paying notice but I did send this bk got sw2 that is way better actual clock faces and apps this one doesn't display watch face all the time and lacks in apps very out dated compared to sw2
on 19 May 2013
Didn't look into this much, just needed something to remote control my music, but as it turns out, it does so much more.

Can receive your texts, email, Facebook, Twitter and more on this. Let's you control you music, but no track list, just previous, next, volume, play and pause. Also works with endomondo sports tracker, can monitor your stats from your wrist. If your bored, there is also a couple of mini games for download.

Downside is the screen, it's fairly low resolution, so not too sharp. It's not use able in direct sunlight as the screen just gets washed out. It's can be a little sluggish occasionally.

The design it's self is nice, as you'd expect from Sony. Can take a few splashes of water with no problems, and the screen seems tough enough.

I really hope they do a 3rd generation with much improved screen, NFC for quick pairing, and perhaps more internal software to make it more independent
on 28 July 2012
Cool watch and functions perfectly with my galaxy note. Looks good and always draws comment, even more so when I show them what it does. However the battery life is appalling, even when I'm not messing with it and showing it off it drains very quickly. It barely lasts a day at work! Shame really cos I won't to like it so much. Still pretty geek cool tho.