on 9 June 2012
Easy to set up and get going, although instructions on the range of buttons on the front rather sparse. After 3 months I still don't know what they all do. The unit is quite light-weight(compared to my old Brother copier). Prints and copies well. Not yet needed to use the scanner. Paper is exposed and not in a contained draw.

Big problem is the rate it uses toner. Each time I use it, the display gives a read out of the amount left in the cartridge. It is depleting at an alarming rate. Refills are more expensive than most. My old one did towards 3K copies for less than £40. This one I estimate is doing less than half of this for a higher cost. When funds allow I'm going back to a my old brand-a much more solidly constructed piece of kit.
on 13 December 2012
This item was purchased because I no longer needed the Kodak colour printer with its inherent print head troubles.this one is quiet and efficient for my needs. The cost of running it is seriously worth consideration,cheap,cheap but perhaps the wi fi model would have been a consideration.
on 6 December 2013
So far very pleased with this printer. Was easy to set up and has proved fast and reliable. Decided to go for a mono laser to see if it is cheaper as my main printing interest is in printing out PDF download books that I buy. Was tired of the small fortune in colour ink that I was spending. For me greyscale printing is more than satisfactory for what I want to do. And after an Epson printer that constantly misfed its paper or jammed the reliability of this Samsung is very nice change.
on 2 September 2013
The operation of this printer for single/double sided function is painful and entails manually feeding through the paper on a second run. This often then gets jammed. There is also the need to revert the printer to single sided for one sheet otherwise this has to fed through twice as well.
on 13 November 2012
I purchased 3405 because my old scx4600 got some minute problem.I openedd box today and used it.What i can observe is,SCX4600 was much better than this new 3405 in following aspects.
1.SCX 4600 is more durable in looks and in material,although.
2.Scx4600 was bigger than 3405.
3.Toner of 3405 is smaller than 4600,so you need to buy new toner soon.
4.3405 dont give you any options of lighter,dark or darkest prints.
5.3405 dont give you option of text,photo or text+photo,which was present in 4600 and it was much helpful.You were able to get print quality of your own choice.
6.3405 has no option of system set up or any paper option on screen.
In short,old models were much better and durable than this new 3405 series,but buyers have no option other than buying this new series.Samsung should think about buyers choice by giving options to buyers.Finally, i didnt like this model at all.I wish,i could repair my my old scx4600.
UPDATE
The most frustrating issue is,there was no usb cable in box,you can buy in £1.00 from one pound shop but it shows how much Samsung cares about buyers.If you buy and want to use staright away,you have to go town and have to buy usb cable.This should be kept in mind when buying this printer.
on 10 December 2013
Excellent do it all printer. Works out cheaper to run and more reliable than liquid ink printers. Only missing WiFi capability but can be used with WiFi if connected to a networked PC with WiFi.
on 21 September 2012
I'm very happy with this printer. We've had it for a few months now and it has worked flawlessly. The toner isn't too expensive, it prints at a decent quality (far superior to the inkjet it replaced) at high speed and the scanner works well too.
on 26 April 2013
VERY QUIET AND EASY TO USE. AN EFFICIENT ADDITION TO MY OFFICE.WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO OTHER PEOPLE EVERY TIME
on 1 May 2014
For quick black and white printing this is very good and quick although it does get jammed sometimes and can be annoying fix because you end up starting the print job all over again.
on 10 April 2013
This printer is great! I unpacked it after getting in the right mood to attempt to get it working like you do! However, what a great little machine, I have downloaded to get it working on my netbook and then used the software on my partners computers and got it wireless and so amazed how easy this all was.
Would recommend.