Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 March 2012
maiden they keep going into the same cycle .. album .. best of .. live cds .. dvds and now they added blue ray \m/ but dont get me wrong these 2 cds are a great live performances why to buy it? you may ask or you may ask why do i need this? in short if your a die hard fan like me you will buy these live cds and maybe the best of as well and if you want to hear how maiden are this year live especialy when they didnt tour your side of the world then go ahead and buy these but if your looking for more songs done live this is not for you the only songs that were never been on a live albums are the songs that had been included in this gig after the release of the last albums that maiden did. for me iv bought this album case i support my band and i love owning everything maiden.
on 28 April 2012
Brilliant live album by one of the best metal bands ever, it includes several tracks from "The Final Frontier", as well as many earlier and very well-known and well-loved songs. The first disc has nine tracks and includes "The Trooper" (what collection is complete without this song?) and the second disc has eight tracks with just one from "The Final Frontier" ("When the Wild Wind Blows") and the rest are all earlier, very popular songs. Altogether a handy addition to any collection of material from Iron Maiden.
on 6 July 2015
I was lucky enough to get this for just over a tenner from an american dealer and I thought this would be a good chance to check out the quality of a picture disc - most reports you hear re pic discs is that they sound bad - and when you consider that the grooves are often cut in plastic rather than vinyl like the old flexi discs you may expect the worst - however this sounds really good - much better than the final frontier disc I had although I have upgraded my cart since then which may also explain why this is playing back really well. The only give away that this is a pic disc is there are a few more clicks than usual but nothing too bad. The mix is great - I have this on Blu Ray and at times it can sound a bit excessive but the mix here sounds good - nicely balanced - the performance is spirited and the crowd add to the atmosphere. The picture discs themselves look great - two sides have awesome art from the final frontier theme and two sides have photos of the concert - here is a video I took of disc 1 playing Dance of Death to give you an idea of sound quality - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOxDNCdF-zA - considering this is the only way to get this LP until at some point they may release it on black vinyl I would highly recommend you get it whilst it is affordable
on 28 May 2012
Is it just my ears but this a a few other 'live' releases in the last year or two have a very muddy sound on them and the vocal becomes a but lost. I have play this on a number of system and iPod and its makes no difference. As a life long Maiden fan it goes in the collection but if you are new to one of the great live bands look to Life after Death or try and get to see them live it will be one of the best tickets you will buy.
on 1 October 2012
Probably the best live band in the World ever.

This album showcases their tour up to and including their latest studio album.

In the last 3 albums Maiden have shown their talent for progressive classical metal to go with their well renowned epics and galloping sing alongs.
on 29 March 2012
I have 15 Iron Maiden studio albums. I normally don't go for compilations or Live CDs. But the track list on this CD is the exact set list for their Final Frontier Tour which I attended last year. For that very reason, I just wanted to get hold of this Live CD (+DVD) as soon as they were available. The concert was one of the great shows I witnessed in my life. Eddie, the stage, the energy was more than just a gig. My ears are not made for audio engineering. So I really can't speak on the mixing side. It sounds cool and raw to me like Thin Lizzy Life album which I liked so much. Listening to this album takes me back to that evening of Saturday 6th August 2011 at O2 Arena London. Now this is the 16th Maiden album in my collection.

Almost 40 years and they are still rocking on. Long Live Maiden !
\,,/,
on 16 July 2012
I have read all the comments , and yes the set list is some what the same as others, but these are the songs the fans know and want to hear, If they came out and played the whole new cd, imagine all the complaints , that they did not play the classics, , you cant please everyone , and never will , but they are a true british metal band , and i am glad they are still together and still recording.
on 20 May 2014
it is so difficult to buy something as a present , even if you do not know the wholw carderobe etc. I know that my son has partisipated concerts of IRON MAIDEN in Finland and loves thir music, have a lot of their T-shirts etc, but the band is so old and has made so many Records that it is really impossible to buy something concerning them, without leting the birthday king to know what he will get as a present if You has to answer theCD`s he already got...so i had to return this , becuse he have it ...
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2013
The sound's not the best, but who cares when music is played with this much energy. I enjoyed this latest "live" record every bit as much as when I saw the show in Birmingham, possibly more as I didn't have to put up with people holding up their iPhone trying to video it! In truth you know what you're getting with Iron Maiden, and if you love them get this!
on 22 February 2013
Awesome dvd.This dvd encaptulates the style,power and pure artistry of Iron Maiden the best lighting and stage set I have ever seen. They are quite simply the greatest metal band on the planet !!!!!