on 15 January 2013
I bought this Sharon Ipad bluetooth keyboard from Leicke having researched a few options and reading customer reviews. Bearing in mind the cost price I think this keyboard represents excellent value for money. I am sure there are better options for more money but this is a good budget keyboard.

The keyboard comes with a USB cable to connect to a PC or charger. I found the operation and set up very straightforward and didn't encounter any of the issues that some reviewers have mentioned. Each time that you turn the bluetooth on the Ipad prompts you to type in a 4 digit code on the key pad to activate the connection. It took a little while to get used to the keypad, which has slightly smaller keys than a standard keyboard, but that is just a matter of getting used to it. It also takes a little while to get used to needing to tap the Ipad screen from time to time to navigate when the keyboard won't suffice.

But typing long e-mails, notes or docs on the keyboard is so much better than using the touch screen. There is no delete key (but back space does the job) and yes, you have to press shift + 3 to find the £ sign.

I find the Ipad sits quite snugly in the groove and the angle of the screen is perfect. But you do have to remember that it is just resting in the groove and not clicked in, so be careful when picking up to move around. Using the key board as a cover to click over the Ipad screen is a useful function but you do have to make sure it is properly clicked in as I found it didn't easily do so and therefore could easily drop out. I think I won't be using it as a cover but stick with the leather fold over cover that I do have and slip it out whenever I need the keyboard.

One final comment, that has no bearing on the keyboard itself or the rating of this review, but the English on the back of the box that it comes in is quite comical! A literal translation of the original language (whatever that was). Why don't these manufacturers pay a few quid to a native speaker to translate the text rather than translate from a dictionary?!
on 18 October 2012
I'd had an iPad 2 for about five months, but was continually frustrated by the virtual keyboard. So I bought this keyboard for £24.99 and have not looked back! It is easy to set up, and as others have said, it makes the iPad more like a mini laptop. It works either in landscape, portrait or at some distance from the iPad, and the bluetooth set up was a doddle. Do remember to switch off the keyboard when not in use, though, to save power.
There is a £ sign, but is it hidden. Press 3 and shift together, and you'll get £, not the hash sign on the key.
I don't carry my iPad around a lot, but on the one occasion I did, using this keyboard, it felt safe and well protected.
I find I have to keep my nails even shorter than ever to use this keyboard, and the case and Stylus I bought earlier don't get used much any more, but these are not quibbles. For the price I paid for this keyboard a month ago, it cannot be faulted.
on 4 April 2013
I have been hunting around for a long time in search of a keyboard for my iPad- as a teacher I often make notes in meetings and to use the screen keyboard can take some time. I had tried the all in one case idea, but could not get on with that and the case made it all very heavy.

So, I gave this keyboard a go and I do not regret for a second purchasing the product. It's smart aluminium design compliments my iPad nicely. It is very easy to set up and I love the fact the case clicks magnetically to the iPad. I can then protect it further by putting it all into a protective case.

Now I can type my notes for meetings very quickly. The keyboard layout is just like any other keyboard and despite having quite large hands, I find I can still type fairly quickly. It certainly makes things less time consuming. I am typing this review now with my new keyboard.

I would heartily recommend this product to anyone thinking of wanting a keyboard for their iPads. I feel it is excellent value for money and beats the keyboards on the market which are £80 plus. Definitely a good purchase,
on 16 September 2012
As it was so much cheaper than the apple keyboard I decided to go for it. Did not expected anything much but it is well worth the money. Keyboard is so easy to use and the right size for typing. I did wonder if it would be mini keys but not at all. Fits on the ipad a treat and looks as if it is part of it open and closed. Easy to connect with bluetooth. I have also tried it with my ipod touch and it is very good. This will definetly be coming on holiday with me.
on 11 April 2013
The keyboard has no delete-key. Any mistyped letter has to be deleted using touch-screen. Apart from that, everything else is ok.
on 18 April 2012
I purchased this product in February and it duly arrived about 1 week late from Leicke distributor in Germany.
It worked well to begin with but I found after about 3 weeks that it would not connect to the ipad via the bluetooth.
I contacted Leicke to tell them of the fault. The company was excellent and arranged for the free return of the product and advised me that it would be 1 to 2 weeks for the replacement as they were waiting for a new delivery.
As soon as the product arrived they contacted me to say it had been shipped and it duly arrived within 5 days.
The product has been excellent since, possibly working better than the original. Connection via Bluetooth is quick and makes using the ipad much simpler.
An excellent product and distributor.
on 26 April 2013
In respect of delivery was good and as expected, quality of the item was very good and realistic but as a cover it is slightly hard to separate it from the IPad when they connected.
on 4 July 2012
I purchased this keyboard for my iPad 2 after deciding that it appeared to be the best mid range value for money and offered everything I needed. It arrived on time and didn't disappoint, the keyboard slot holds the iPad in both the portrait and landscape position and the keys are well spaced to allow for easy typing. It is easily connected via bluetooth and holds the iPad securely for transportation. I would certainly recommend this product to any potential customers.
on 20 December 2012
I ordered two these keyboards. The ad said uk product.
The bad news is the £ sign is missing and shows a # sign. The good news is If you press this with the shift button you do indeed get the £ sign. HOWEVER I do actually need the # key for my work.
Does anybody know how to get the #.
When you use the keyboard with the iPad the on board keyboard is disabled.
on 26 February 2013
I have an Ipad since last year and I have always found it a bit difficult to type on with the touch screen so I was looking for a keypad that was easy to use and looked good as well. Well, after looking at several ones in here, I came across this very sleek looking little keypad and decided to give it a go as the price was very reasonable. I am really glad I chose it as it is very easy to use and install, the keys are just like the ones in any notebook and it gives you the feeling that you are using a computer. It is very light and nice looking and it holds my Ipad really nicely and safely.
The only reason why I haven't given it 5 stars is because even though you can use the keypad as a sort of cover for your Ipad, it doesn't seem to lock when onto it so you still need another case to carry them both together, and if you hold it on your knees when writing it becomes a bit unstable, although still nice to use. I would definitely recommend it.