on 11 June 2013
I'm sorry to say that I found the writing rather immature - it reminded me of the way I used to write as a teenager. The story-lines were interesting enough but the descriptions and dialogue were rather lacking in subtlety. I suspect teenage boys may well find these enjoyable, but I couldn't bring myself to read the third book (and I will usually persist, if only for the satisfaction of completing a task).
on 23 January 2013
Enjoyed most of this trilogy, apart from finding the second book a little dull. Lead character is pure arrogance, so much so that he's hilarious. Not an overly taxing set of books to read, with the added bonus of all three being free when I purchased them.
on 7 December 2014
I really enjoyed Jim Knighthorse, he's a funny, intelligent, yet damaged character. His interactions with Jack & the concept of Jack's character is clever & makes your brain hurt. I like the relationship Jim has with Sanchez.

These novels move at a fast pace and it's difficult to put down with the desire to read on at the end of each chapter.

Read them, you won't be disappointed.
on 19 January 2014
I like these books. You don't have to concentrate too hard...the stories flow...& despite the fact that the main character has a head & an ego bigger than the Amazon Rainforest...you just can't help but like him!! Looking forward to the next instalment....
on 28 April 2015
I got this box set on the spur of the moment, moment ,,,,, and what a moment it turned out to be,,, I absolutely enjoyed Spence Jim's of humour,,, his devotion to his story line and following his promises through ,,,, recommend this box set to anybody x
on 6 February 2013
I liked the suspense and the humour but the swear words took away some of that pleasure. Ending was satisfactory.
on 27 May 2013
Light enjoyable crime thriller series, was great to get the trilogy and to be able to read them without the wait. The lead character Knighthorse is arrogant , but funny. Would definitely recommend. Looking forward to book no. 4
on 10 April 2013
Nothing too taxing here. Probably best to read all three in quick succession (as I did) in order to get into the title character. All three tales are fairly simple with no great effort at red herrings so they are not really who-dunnits.
Maybe the author should try to give a little more depth to other characters rather than just the lead. Probably aimed at the teen market and if that is the intention then they are fine.
on 4 December 2012
I got the 1st book Dark horse on the kindle for free and liked it so much, it worked out cheaper to buy the box set rather than the books individually. I like every book, cannot fault them ... I cant say everyone will like these books as it depends on your taste. I found the books funny, the story good and not one bit was I bored. I liked the characters and the descriptions of the area they were in. I'm sad that I have read them so I am going to read the other books by this aurthor!
on 28 January 2013
We keep getting the same old, big muscles, 'he's a big bloke but not as big as me' and talking to the 'god' creature, what's all that about. Read one book in isolation OK but all three, boring.