TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 June 2014
I bought this for a friend who wanted a simple point and shoot to take on holiday they have a smart phone but managed to lose their photos by accident so a "back up" camera was desired.
The Z110 is a simple but quite nicely made attractive compact, the glossy finish is part metal which is a surprise at the price, though something of a fingerprint magnet

You have to charge the battery in camera, you do this with the supplied plug adapter and USB lead, though you can at least charge via normal USB from a power bank or laptop for example.

Easy of use, this is a simple point and shoot with the usual splattering of scene modes, a selfie front mirror, and very basic controls which is fine for a camera like this. Lens covers a respectable 28-140mm equivalent, and the images are not bad though as per most budget compacts the quoted megapixel number is rather optimistic to say the least (halve it and you get a more realistic figure). Still you can get some reasonable shots from the camera it does struggle a bit in harsh light esp the highlights which can blow out this is a normal sensor with this and not Fuji's popular EXR one that avoids this problem. As long as you're not expecting to get massive wall prints you'll be fine. Autofocus was ok in good light a but struggled a bit in lower light I would suggest half pressing the shutter to confirm focus, rather than jabbing at it fully pressing, it can miss at times maybe a bit more than it should do.

Video quality wasn't bad at all a bit above average you can zoom in and have continuous focus, output is 720p so not full HD but sharp enough if a rather limited dynamic range.

You can tag images for upload social media sites like facebook, but you need the finepix software installed to do this.
I got about 200 odd shots per charge you can tweak the setting to save power, for holiday and travelling I'd pick up a spare battery to bring along with you.

The camera itself is nice, though fairly average in terms of image quality, but it's very much a pocket camera nice and thin, easy to carry around and the cover helps to protect the lens from dirt/damage. If you tame your expectations relative to the price you probably won't be disappointed, though for some it might be worth spending a little more on. The added bundled however does lift it up a bit the case and card (both matching the camera colour) are a nice addition.
on 27 October 2013
I have a larger camera I use when I plan a photo taking session. I wanted something small enough to put in a pocket or small handbag so I have it handy - I don't like using my phone camera (which was my original idea) - very pleased with this. it takes good quality pictures & easy to use. Love the color & the small carry case is handy PLUS it came with a memory card! Very happy.
on 9 May 2013
I bought this camera to replace a tinky Canon Ixus compact, which had finally given up the ghost after many years of good service. The footprint & weight of this camera seemed to make it a good option, plus it was slightly higher spec'ed (14MP v 12MP, decent optical zoom etc). I just wanted something lightweight to slip in a bag, to take the odd impromptu shot on the move. Nothing fancy, really, but shots need to be decent........... and, on testing this camera on auto mode (which is what I would generally use - we ain't talking DSLR here), I found performance really disappointing. Auto focus was very slow & inaccurate - most shots were on the blurry or grainy side. And forget auto Macro mode - I could not get it to focus on the item in foreground. Zoom terrible - definition really poor. Colours appear crude & overly 'primary', which impacts on crispness & definition. Try photo'ing a daffodil in normal daylight - yikes !!! I've used umpteen compacts & this is the poorest performing I've tried - very surprised. Only 1 star for performance; the extra star is for size & weight, which might make it slightly appealing, if all you want is something tiny & a notch up from a smartphone. Not for me, though.
I know [from using my first digital camera and recently borrowing my Dad's] that heavy/bulky designs make for shaky hands, which in turn means blurry pictures. Add a protruding lens to the weight and bulk, and taking simple snaps can be bloody hard - especially in tourist hotspots whilst on holiday or in a club etc, where crowds are jostling you. Luckily I can confirm that this was by far been the easiest camera to simply point and shoot - even in crowds.

I've taken photos indoors and outdoors, using different levels of zoom, with flash, without flash and the results have been fantastic every-time; the colours have all been true to life - direct sunlight nor strong lighting have bleached the resulting photos in any way. I'm not sure would someone more experienced would think of the image quality, but I honestly can't fault it. I'd thought my old 12 million pixel camera was great, but now I can compare photos side by side I can instantly see the improvement made by those extra 2. pixels.

I use auto mode most of the time myself and have only played about with all of the other various options and in all honesty, I think that most people will be fine on auto, as it works in every situation for me.

The other shooting mode that I use quite a bit is the scene recognition auto; this basically means that the camera automatically adjusts itself to fit the different scene settings [portrait, backlit portrait, night portrait, landscape, night and macro (close-ups)] to ensure the best focus is used on the photos.

For a basic point-and-shoot camera there are plenty of easy-to-use features; blog mode (re-sizes photos in-camera for posting photos online), face detection technology with auto red-eye removal, and picture stabilisation for blur-free photos.

_

I've taken a few short videos too and have been quite impressed. The image is slightly fuzzy and distorts when I used the zoom, but the audio is largely clear [though quiet]. The the resulting AVI file can be played on Windows Media Player, QuickTime and RealPlayer, after being uploaded from the camera.

I view the video camera as an extra, so will rarely [if I again witness someone something funny or embarrassing] use it, so the less then perfect playback isn't a issue for me.
on 28 December 2012
This is an amazing camera for the money you pay and incredibly easy to get on with. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a budget priced compact camera.
on 14 October 2013
Bought this camera as a replacement and was not disappointed excellent purchase and excellent price panorama feature is amazing and very easy to use,as are all the many other features, would definitely recommend,
on 10 January 2013
having dropped my original Z100 camera because of a gammy hand, I opted for the XP model which can be dropped without damage (within reason!)
When I saw this Z110 camera was an updated version of my old favourite I swopped back.
I like the simplicity of the controls and most things can be done single handedley; which in my case is a must
on 30 December 2013
This camera bundle was a gift and the person really liked it. It was very good value as it contained everything you start taking photographs . The camera is compact and easy to use and it is a striking colour too.
on 20 December 2013
Very solid little camera with good picture quality and many features. Strongly recommended. Colour a personal choice but I like it.
on 16 May 2013
Excellent compact camera, point and shoot great results, only had it a short time but couldnt be more pleased and of course great price from Amazon.Came with 4GB card to supplement on board memory and nice soft feel case
Also have a Fuji 6900z camera 10 years plus never let me down.