on 12 July 2016
This is a long-term review. I bought this camera three years ago. It has proven to be an excellent choice and a loyal friend. Maybe there are newer versions out now, but they will have to be good to beat the S4500. The lens is excellent quality, the optical zoom is far better than any digital zoom - always go for optical zoom if you have the choice, it is "proper" zoom rather than the digital enhancement of the central pixels. The autofocus copes admirably with most situations, but refletive surfaces, water, and low light can cause problems. For landscapes etc it is a marvellous camera for the money. For sport and/or wild-life photography it is not so good. This is because there is the usual digital "lag" between pressing the button and the picture actually being recorded. It is only a fraction of a second, but trust me, that is far too long if you are trying to capture anything that is moving at more than a snail's pace. It must be said, however, that just about all digital cameras suffer with this problem. You have to go a long way up the price range to solve this problem, so you have to learn to live with it. This camera looks good, it is easy to operate, it is sophisticated enough to keep proper photographers happy, yet simple enough to make a novice look like an expert! I love it!
VINE VOICEon 28 June 2013
This bridge camera offers many of the features of top DSLR's without costing the earth. The 'focus on faces' feature gives amazing results, guaranteeing a sharp focus. The low light performance is excellent also, guaranteeing a worthwhile exposure under difficult conditions.
The red body colour is bright and exciting, ideal for my 21 year old daughter to whom it is a present. The body is surprisingly light and it is not an imposition to carry this camera with you.
The optical zoom has a great performance and the video quality is also brilliant.
Over all this purchase is a good result, leaving one very happy daughter!
on 2 July 2013
A complete farce getting this product as the courier delivered it to the wrong address and couldn't get it back! However the Amazon staff were brilliant and had another sent to me within 24 hours.
The product is excellent. I was concerned, having seen other reviews before purchase, that there would be a problem with battery life. But I've had the camera for 3 weeks now and am still using the batteries that came with it.
For the money I don't think you could buy better. Nice weight, sturdy build, easy to use and excellent pictures.I do have one minor complaint, macro isn't as good as I'd hoped it would be, tends to lose focus on really close up shots, but otherwise I'm very happy and would recommend it.
on 4 August 2013
I love this camera. We bought it for our holiday to Iceland. With the chance of seeing the northern lights i was not about to try and capture it on my old 4 mp digital camera. And this did not disappoint. So far we have taken it everywhere. With a husky Puppy running around the house, i love taking photos of her in black and white. Very happy!
on 2 April 2017
love it, simple to use, great focus for fast moving shots like planes and birds
on 24 April 2017
Very good camera
on 31 July 2017
Wife loves it
on 9 June 2016
dose every thig I need
on 24 April 2014
This camera is everything I ever wanted in a camera, Easy to use, super quality photos , great price for amater use
on 12 August 2017