on 25 June 2013
I have owned several cameras over the years, including 3 digital ones, and this is by far the easiest one to use. It has many features of a full size DSLR including 30x zoom without having to change lenses (or carry lots of heavy extras around). A feature I love is the Panoramic one, you can take 3 photos and stitch them together to make one big one, BUT the great thing is the camera does the lining-up for you and takes the 2nd and 3rd shots automatically when all is OK.
I would recommend this camera to anyone who wants that bit more.
on 14 April 2013
I bought 2 of these for my 2 teenage sons (13 & 16) as they are going overseas soon, my youngest on a Rugby Tour to South Africa then both of them on holiday to Portugal, Gibraltar, Spain, France, Italy and sailing in the Med. They both love these and are getting used to the controls quickly. I wanted something with a long zoom for times when my 13 year old is on Safari while in SA and this fulfills the criteria, 24 - 720! I wanted a camera that could take standard batteries, these take AA, so they can be replaced anywhere in the world.

Auto shooting mode is accurate and easy in most situations, 30x optical zoom lens provides amazing versatility, Sensor Shift image stabilization keeps images crisp, Bright 3.0-inch LCD and EVF, Descent shooting performance, Excellent Battery Life, Versatile power options (use just about any AA type batteries), Competitively priced, I paid just £93.94 each for them!

The S4500 is a very nice compact Mega-zoom camera. 14-megapixel, 30x Fujinon optical zoom lens, and CCD sensor-shift image stabilization all help to produce excellent photos. The camera's layout and auto modes allow easy use, it also has manual and custom modes for more experienced users

I also had a Fuji-film Padded case, Duracell rechargeable batteries and Integral memory cards. The delivery service was also very good.
on 17 January 2013
I have been looking for a reasonable quality entry camera to replace
Canon AE1 I had for so long. Fancied an easier or lazier style this time,
all in one zoom, with eye view-finder and screen. All rather pricey until
this came along. Feels like fair value and with a variety of camera options
to try out. You get what you pay for but I feel this little camera will
punch well above its weight.
on 3 January 2014
Got this for Christmas, together with a tripod and case. The whole lot cost less than £140. The camera has all I need, up to and including full manual control of aperture and shutter speed, as well as all the modern face-finding, auto-focus, auto-exposure, bracketing bells-and-whistles. The pictures so far have been very good quality, even in very low or contrasting light. I can't comment on the video feature, as I haven't used it, but so far, this looks like an excellent product at a knock-down price.
on 7 January 2013
Decided to move up from compact camera but didn't want to spend too much money just in case I didn't like it. Got to say this camera is brilliant; not too big or heavy, loads of features, great quality pictures, easy to use........cant fault it. Was a bit worried about having rechargeable AA batteries but have got to say you can take as many pictures as you need in a day, review, delete etc and not run low on power.

Thoroughly recommend the manufacturer and seller.

Thank you.
on 8 March 2013
I bought this camera as a 'starter' for my adult daughter who has just decided to further her love of photography. She tells me this camera does everything it says on the box and she is delighted with it. The only fault she found was that a grey spot appears on the images when long lens used. Had it not been for this it would have received 5 stars. She decided to keep it and edit the images to remove the blemish and to see it as an ownership mark as she wanted to start snapping straight away.
on 12 July 2016
This is a long-term review. I bought this camera three years ago. It has proven to be an excellent choice and a loyal friend. Maybe there are newer versions out now, but they will have to be good to beat the S4500. The lens is excellent quality, the optical zoom is far better than any digital zoom - always go for optical zoom if you have the choice, it is "proper" zoom rather than the digital enhancement of the central pixels. The autofocus copes admirably with most situations, but refletive surfaces, water, and low light can cause problems. For landscapes etc it is a marvellous camera for the money. For sport and/or wild-life photography it is not so good. This is because there is the usual digital "lag" between pressing the button and the picture actually being recorded. It is only a fraction of a second, but trust me, that is far too long if you are trying to capture anything that is moving at more than a snail's pace. It must be said, however, that just about all digital cameras suffer with this problem. You have to go a long way up the price range to solve this problem, so you have to learn to live with it. This camera looks good, it is easy to operate, it is sophisticated enough to keep proper photographers happy, yet simple enough to make a novice look like an expert! I love it!
on 25 February 2013
I bought this camera for my husband as a Christmas present, as my son has a Fujifilm camera, which is of a lower spec. than this one, but he is very pleased with his. My husband is extremely pleased with this camera, and says it is excellent, very good value for money with many functions - which he is still getting to grips with!! It takes excellent photos, and is very easy to handle. All in all, very pleased with the purchase, and would definitely recommend to others
on 4 November 2012
This camera is great for beginners to photography. I have found a recent passion for photography and bought this camera ( Not through amazon) i liked the idea of dslr's but I disliked the price of them. I got this and the zoom is amazing!!! 30 times zoom which is much better than most bridge cameras. I have improved much with this camera and wish to continue with it for many years!:) A great camera! The super macro mode is especially good and the sport mode!:) I would recomend to anyone wishing to start photography!
on 3 November 2013
This camera was a bargain, It is everything I want it to be. Long lens, good grip, eye level viewfinder, ideal
first or second camera. Pictures are sharp, plenty of adjustment for the more ambitious user. I find using it on
automatic perfectly acceptable. Any bad reviews this camera gets, I think is down to the user and not the camera.