on 15 September 2013
I was looking for a replacement decent camera, this seem to fit the bill at £68.99 (August 2013)

The good:
i) screen size 3 inch LCD
ii) funky purple case colour
iii) slimline style

The bad:
i) When brand new the battery is loose in it's compartment, this is a huge design flaw. So after fully charging the battery, when I pressed the power on button it doesn't work or jams after working. There is movement in how the battery sits in the slot due to a little arm holding it, only it's loose (I mailed the supplier and they said they are all like this, i.e. loose battery fit to camera). It's such a poor design.
ii) Also the battery loses charge pretty quickly from when fully charged, and it's still brand new!
iii) When I press the shutter button to shoot, sometimes it does nothing (even at full battery charge) you have to press it twice, by which time you have missed the shot!
iv) The quality of shots is not great, especially the evening/party ones, quite grainy.
v) While charging there is no clear symbol to show how much charge the battery is currently at.
vi) Left the battery to charge overnight only to find that despite being correctly plugged in it didn't charge up.

This has been a disappointing purchase because I really liked the look of this camera and its specification and large screen. However I will be returning this and look for another brand which has better quality, and I will not be buying any more Fujifilm cameras. They look good and are reasonably priced, but they seem to be of poor quality, plastic bits in key components, I don't think it will last very long.

Best avoided unless you are taking really basic shots and can risk throwing away your money when it breaking a few months down the line. Poor battery compartment design and poor battery life too.
on 17 August 2012
I got my husband one of these to replace his Panasonic FZ100 on a walking tour of Spain. The FZ is great - but bulky and cumbersome for a walking holiday. this one was used a point and click camera for snapshots - and there were stunning in their clarity and colour.
I'm not a photographer - but I couldn't see any difference in the finished results from anything taken on my husbands' larger 'all the bells and whistles' type cameras.
It simply does everything you'd want - takes a greatpicture, is simple to use - and not bulky at all.
It's compact and light - and fits neatly into a trouser pocket. It also came with a free carry case which is adequate for dust and water protection. it's not a solid case - so if you expect bumps or drops - maybe a firmer case would be more use.

I also bought a spare battery and a charger so that he wold always have a charged battery handy. I got these on Amazon very cheaply too.
Much cheaper than such items for more expensive cameras.
22 Comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 January 2017
Great little camera takes good pictures
on 4 December 2012
When my previous (Panasonic Lumix) camera got grit behind the lens and would cost more to repair than replace, I learned this was a not-unknown problem with that model so went looking for something equally user-friendly. This was it, and it is everything I hoped for and more: 16 megapixels, a large viewing window, simple controls, and an excellent price,some £40 cheaper than my local camera shop was offering it for. No reservations about the camera...

...just huge ones about Amazon not paying its fair share of taxes in the UK. If I had known, I would have bought this camera anyway - but not through Amazon: I won't support tax avoiders.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 June 2016
Handsome camera if you can operate it. There was no memory card which is very difficult to work out if you are a novice. No good for anyone without a computer to upload the instructions.
on 23 August 2016
It went well 100%
on 20 June 2016
on 15 May 2016
it clicks my boxes
on 4 September 2013
The camera arrived a day earlier than stated which then involved a trip to the post office as I was not in when delivered. Not a big problem but this caused an unwelcome trip into town the next day. Packaging good and undamaged however it took several attempts to start the battery charging process which caused me some concern. Quickly realised after a few days that either the battery, or more likely the charger in the camera was faulty as the battery discharged within a few hours of moderate use. Used the return process which worked just great, shame I can`t say the same about the camera.
on 15 January 2014
I'd only used this once since I bought it, just to test that it worked and it did. But after 4 months, I went to use it. It turned on, thenimmediatley off again. It was faulty and needed to be repaired or replaced straight away. What a waste of money. I'll never buy a Fuji camera again. So I wnet to Jessops and bought a Sony and its brilliant! Fuji sucks big time.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse