• Sally

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 14 October 2015
North's least impressive book. I didn't like the lead character at all- she was self obsessed and annoying. Completely pointless sex scenes which were out of character for both of the characters who were completely vacuous. The guy needed to grow a spine ad leave Sally- she treated him appallingly and I disliked her completely. Don't let this discourage you from reading North's other books as I really like her as an author but this was a bit painful to read!
Third time I've had to buy this book now as every time I lend it to anyone, it's that good I never get it back again. Absolutely love freya north and as her 1st novel this had me hooked from the word go
on 1 March 2011
Like all of Freya North's books that I've read so far the final ending was quite predictable, but it's the twists and turns on the way that make the story. Anyway I like happy endings. And of course however predictable you think it is, you are never certain until you finally get there. I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 12 March 2001
Having read Chloe first and thouroughly enjoying it, I was very keen on reading another Freya North novel. Unfortunately I left Britain to move in Greece and there were no books of Freya here. A friend send me a copy of Sally last Christmas. It was a beautiful book. Made you laugh every other page and I loved the way Freya writes. Its like the way we think to ourselves "Way to go Liz, now you must do it all over again!" Its like we are actually writing the book. Though I could not quite put myself in Sally's shoes, I adored the book from page one...I could not put it down. I love Freya's style and I can't wait for more of her books to come out!
on 7 February 2004
I really really liked "Fen" and "Chloe" from Freya North so i just Ordered "Sally" without reading any reviews. It starts out very promising THEN i just suddenly started to hate the main character Sally!! She is pathetic. I think the plot was rubbish in this book - if you are collecting Freya North then by all means, buy "Sally" for your collection - However, if you want a good read dont buy this!
on 30 October 2000
This is Freya North's first novel, and if you enjoy romance, a funny read, and delightful characters, then you will love this book. The characters are normal people, going through the horrors of a relationship, where they find they actually like one another. Nothing like Mills and Boon, and the characters are not slappable, as some spiteful people have reviewed. Each to their own. Read it for yourself, and make your own mind up.
on 16 January 2004
Sally is without a doubt one of the most believable love stories I've ever read. Most modern daters can relate to the feelings and problems encountered by Sally and Richard and their tale is a beautifully written one despite not being rose-tinted and glossy.
I find it hard to believe that Freya North was not already an established and experienced author when she wrote this. Her style is fresh and fun without being too frothy. READ THIS BOOK!!
on 12 April 2001
Freya North writes lovely books. Easy to read after a hard day at work. Polly and Chloe are also superb.....what are you waiting for!!
on 25 May 2016
i was loaned this book and i read it....i found it pretentious and a bit vulgar ....however other people have enjoyed it.....too many "long words" for such a pointless and indeed unbelievable little story
on 16 November 1999
I couldn't put this book down! If you are a romantic like me and like to believe in true love and all that slush then this is the book for you. Sally and Richard are wonderfully well-drawn characters who are so obviously meant to be together, but Sally is mixed-up, confused and not expecting to fall in love or to have someone fall in love with her so things aren't quite simple as they seem. This is a warm, funny and often sad and poignant story of a young woman on a soul-searching mission to seperate the past from the present and the future and allow herself to be in love. It's all about love and it will make you swoon and smile and scream 'I want that too'! It's great, it will warm the coldest of hearts, I highly recommend it! - Lisa.