• Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 July 2017
Ordered this today to plug into another machine that I am building. It's extremely easy for those that are worried. Slot it into place in the motherboard as pictured, secure it with a screw (which wasn't included, unless I didn't see it), and you're good to go. Started PC up, logged into wireless network and BAM. Done. Speeds are pretty standard for my wireless and I'm having no issue with the strength of the signal in its current position - this WILL vary depending on positioning.

Can't complain. Had good experience with TP-Link cards like this in the past too. In my main PC, I've had something similar to this sitting inside of it for years - with absolutely no issue.

Cheap and does the job. If you're worried about the signal, you might want to consider a slightly more expensive card, but I can't fault this card at the present time.
review image
on 9 January 2017
I'm extremely impressed by this device. I previously used an ethernet over AC power device (also TP-Link), but replaced it with this when I ran out of plug sockets! I was expecting to notice a drop in speed, but was amazed to find that it works just as well as when I used ethernet.

Setup took very little time. The drivers supplied with the device worked well, but to be sure I updated them with the drivers from TP-Link's website when I got online. You need to have a basic knowledge of how to install a card in a desktop PC, and you need to have a spare PCI slot in your motherboard, but that's about it - 10 minutes is all it took from opening the box to getting connected.

To illustrate how fast this is, I've recently bought a Steam Link, which is a device that plugs into your TV and streams games from your desktop PC in real time over the home network. Steam say that you should plug your PC into ethernet, which is a fair thing to say. I was a bit unsure about whether it would work streaming it from my Wi-Fi connected PC, but it works beautifully, without any frame rate loss - pretty amazing, really.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 February 2018
This is a pretty good network card slightly let down by the driver CD which has no automatic install . On Windows 7 certainly the device driver has to be installed, maybe Windows 10 would do this automatically. Being an IT professional and used to installing device drivers I had no problem. It is reasonably easy if you know how to get to the control panel, the open the system Applet and use device manager to find your new card which will have a yellow question mark by it. Pop the supplied CD into your PC's DVD drive then right click on the device in device manager. Choose browse my PC and navigate to the directory for your card the TG-3468, this information is printed on both ends of the box. Click OK and the driver will install automatically.

Once installed the card worked perfectly on our system. Ours is a 1 Gb/s network and the card automatically set itself for 1 Gb/s. This is a 1 bit wide PCIe card but you can put it in any slot, in our PC all the slots were 16 bits wide and the card worked fine in one of them.

You are supplied with a half height bracket which you will need to fit if yours is a small form factor case, ours was not so the full height bracket already fitted was perfect.
on 27 August 2017
Awful product. Seems fine at first but appears to be prone to degrading performance overtime. Within 1 hour of use under Windows 10 ping to the router has crept from 1-2ms to 1000-2000ms, around which point it begins timing out.

Device won't keep a consistent speed of download either, kicking off at around 1MB/s (slower than expected but acceptable) but ending somewhere around 60KB/s (which lead me to check the calendar to ensure I hadn't woken up in the late 90s).

Rebooting the computer seems to start the whole process over so maybe I'm blaming the hardware for what is really the fault of software - but it would appear this device doesn't have any official drivers for Windows 10 in any case (at least none that I could find) - so that point is moot as the company offered no way to resolve the issue.

I had a standard PCI card similar to this one also by TP-LINK in my previous computer and while it was also prone to connection dropouts it was at least a million times better than this.

I will be returning the product, provided the page where I can confirm that I'm doing so loads before the window of opportunity closes.

I will not be buying another TP-LINK wireless adapter.
on 13 December 2017
I am writing this review December 13th 2017 however I bought it quite a while ago. It works, and if you had asked me when I bought it I'd say it was great and worked wonders. However the driver support for this item ended 2014/2015 and as such does not work as well with Windows 10, since W10 I've had a few issues, it'll run but its so slow now. I am using a Gaming laptop at the same distance from the Hub in my new home and it gets much better speeds. To compare New Vegas was going to take 2hrs to download on Steam from laptop (GOTY) however the PC with the Wifi card in it was going to take 20 hrs. Obvious choice... Personally I'd recommend splashing out on a newer one that still has driver support such as the Asus wifi cards... or put your PC next to the hub and connect via Ethernet rather than this.
VINE VOICEon 10 June 2017
I went looking for a PCIe network card that would slot in without taking up much space, and provide hassle-free set up. The TP-Link is just that, taking up barely any space whatsoever, and even coming with a low-profile bracket in the box.

Length-wise it's only as long as it needs to be, just reaching the first few pins of the PCIe slot. You can throw this into any spare such slot, even the larger ones that support higher speeds.

There was zero setup in Win 7, Win 10 and Fedora. All detected and enabled the card just fine, and it operated at full speed. You do however get provided with a driver CD for earlier versions of Windows.

Thus far, it's been extremely reliable and has provided great speed across the network. It just sits there and does what it's meant to do; what more can you ask?
on 13 July 2017
I Bought this a while back to go into a pc build I was doing.

The reason for going with a wireless card was that the router wasn't that far away (Next room) But I didn't want to layout cables (yet) to have the machine hard wired.
The card is really good as my connection at home is 200mb/s and on the card itself I am getting 180mb/s constantly which means that I am able to download software, games, updates in next to no time.
The card was really easy to fit on my z97-m3h motherboard and doesn't protrude to far out of the case. when the ariels are out
on 21 March 2018
Note: This review is for the Gigabit ethernet TG-3468 card, NOT the wireless card.

Short review: half gigabit speed but less than a tenner.

Longer review:
I plugged this into my home NAS box (running NAS4Free) and noticed up-and-down transfer speeds, so decided to do some tests using iperf3 to compare the NAS' onboard LAN with this PCIe card.
I'm transferring data from a system running Ubuntu - this has onboard LAN which is a Realtek 8111GR. The NAS box's onboard LAN is Realtek 8111DL
These figures were taken with iperf3 running in server mode on the NAS and client mode on the Ubuntu box.

First, 5 runs of 60 seconds, transfering data between the Ubuntu box and the NAS onboard LAN:
[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 6.32 GBytes 904 Mbits/sec 327 sender

[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 6.33 GBytes 907 Mbits/sec 300 sender
[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 6.33 GBytes 907 Mbits/sec receiver

[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 6.38 GBytes 914 Mbits/sec 353 sender
[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 6.38 GBytes 914 Mbits/sec receiver

This averages out at over 900Mb/s which is about right for a gigabit connection when you account for overheads. Note the retransmit rates, a few hundred in a minute is not unusual with packet collisions etc.

Now the same run with the TP Link card. Note that *everything* is the same as before, except that the network cable is now plugged into the TP Link card at the NAS end.

TP Link card:

[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 3.59 GBytes 515 Mbits/sec 2107 sender
[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 3.59 GBytes 514 Mbits/sec receiver

[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 3.86 GBytes 553 Mbits/sec 1656 sender
[ 4] 0.00-60.00 sec 3.86 GBytes 553 Mbits/sec receiver

Those retransmit counts are way beyond acceptable. In the detailed iperf3 output, I could see that the connection was often stalling for several seconds. Overall transfer rates of 200-570Mb/s are pretty poor for a gigabit card.

I repeated the same test twice and saw the same outcome in every case.

So why aren't I giving this a 1 star score? Well given it's price, it does give you transfer speeds that are beyond 100M ethernet so most home users would probably be happy.. But if you need high performance at true gigabit speeds then this card isn't for you. I'm sending mine back for a refund and might bite the bullet and pay for an Intel card instead.

You get what you pay for, I guess!
on 1 December 2016
Never got this to work. Was intended for my Windows 10 based PC and although it installs and updates the drivers it just never detects a wireless network. Tried using the included drivers and the updated on the website, but it makes no difference. Even tried it in with a Windows 7 computer and it was the same story, the OS reports that it is installed and working, but it just never detects a network.

Eventually gave up and returned for a refund
on 14 October 2016
Inexcusable that the company have not got windows 10 support for this. Remember when things were 'plug and play'? This certainly isn't. I'm reasonably computer literate, built my own machine, solved software and hardware problems sometimes via YouTube or forums. Worked fine on 2.4 GHz BUT spent a few hours on this so I could switch to 5 GHz but failed; gave up when potential solutions involved changing BIOS settings. Stopped and thought about it: why should I spend hours trying to get the thing to switch to 5 GHz? 'Easy Management' it states on the box!!! A no brainer - sent back for a refund and an Asus replacement ordered which should work based on reviews.
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse