on 8 May 2017
Lee Hammond's books follow a similar format, utilizing gridding for those who experience difficulty with drawing an outline. I would suggest that for someone new to acrylic painting, this book probably would not hit the mark with the very basics; having said that, it is a good book for those with some experience.
on 15 July 2013
Clear and easy to use. Really rate this series.Good for beginners and those with some experience of painting.Well worth purchasing.
on 2 October 2012
This is an excellent and very comprehensive book on acrylic painting. As a total beginner, it helped me to overcome my trepidation of using the rapidly drying media of acrylics and learned to love the versatility of this medium, which can be used in both watercolour tecxhniques and oil painting techniques. The book is full of useful examples of techniques and artwork in this medium.
on 25 March 2013
excellent book.
Had read his books previously. Fantastic tips & explanations. Delivery fairly quick.Lee hammond book on acrylics covers all aspects of painting
on 31 October 2013
As an absolute beginner for acrylic painting I found it simple to follow. Lots of subjects to paint in easy steps. Would recommend to any beginner
on 14 May 2014
A great book, help me a lot. I would recommend this book if you just started painting as it covers all subjects.
on 18 November 2015
Very good, explains things in a clear way. I have been painting for a couple of years and need to get things right to improve further. The author starts with basics which I thought I knew, but I know better now. Highly recommended.
on 21 December 2013
Was disappointed with the beginning sections, as I felt the paintings were not of interest to me and lacked the detailed techniques I was hoping for, but then I found the sections about painting animals and portraits and would have bought the book for these alone.
on 13 March 2014
Just the inspiration to get you started with a new and different medium. Having graduated from water colour I am finding acrylics easier to use. The book has many helpful tips on how to do it.
on 1 August 2014
Just downloaded this and it looks very informative and well put together. Clear instructions too. I run a Creativity Acrylic class and this will be very useful.