VINE VOICEon 21 February 2013
Rory Gallaghers work sort of exists just under the radar, so to speak. It is always there and loved with a passion by his fans, yet rarely seen mentioned in print these days unless someone is listing of their influences, or favourite guitar players.

This new from the analogue masters reissue series ought to delight the hard core fans as they address and correct some issues, too much reverb, new mixes, new stereo placings that were made during the previous conversion to cd. Donal has got the team to go back to the final Rory mixes and freshly digitise them using the latest equipment in order to produce what could be described as the best sounding cd versions of Rorys small but incredibly potent back catalogue. The new issues also come in a neat cardboard foldover sleeve along with new sleevenotes

Rory plays a blinder on this particular outing. I always felt that having Lou Martin in the band helped fill out the sound during Rorys solos and that Rod de'Ath had a bit of swing in his drumming that loaned the music a lighter feel than the heavier rock three piece of later years.

Anyone who is fan of the guitar gets a real feast of then here, acoustic, slide, electric......all played by a master musician.

Every Rory album has something of interest, even his supposed worst albums have lots to enjoy, so this classic is essential listening.

Superb.
15 people found this helpful
on 20 November 2016
Rory Gallagher was the guitar players guitarist, when Hendrix was asked what it was like to be the best guitarist in the world he answered " Ask Rory Gallagher " , this album confirms his great song writing and musicianship , died much too young sadly missed.
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 10 February 2014
Its Rory Gallagher, its brilliant, I've bought everything I could get my mitts on that Rory recorded, I play it constantly and its always fresh, exciting, different, every time I listen even to the same song I find something I didn't find the time before, the man was a complete genius, taken much much too soon and could have been so much more brilliant than he was. I can't praise Rory Gallagher highly enough, I'm hooked 100% on the man and his music, don't hesitate - buy this album
2 people found this helpful
on 11 September 2015
Another purchase of a remaster to update the older recordings. Really like Walk On Hot Coals and Hands Off on this one. Get it while you can.
on 16 June 2016
Another great album from this artist to ad to my collection of their output
on 25 September 2014
What can you say that hasnt already been said about the Boy from Ballyshannon (right home vill?), he was a huge warm talent and this album is in his top five. Buy it.
on 18 March 2015
great....classic.... this version is in a jewel box
One person found this helpful
on 17 April 2014
As someone who discovered Rory Gallagher just a couple years ago I have been determined to buy his whole collection. With that Blueprint was one of those albums. I was unfamiliar with most of the titles, but as I have listened to the album a couple times it is a pretty good album. I would buy it again, and will always recommend a Rory Gallagher album. Not my favorite, but a good album.
on 7 May 2012
The new 6 re-remastered CDs are a must for every Rory collector. They were mixed with love and you don't miss the mistakes from early mixes. I listened to all the disc through my headphone and must say: amazing sound. You will love the new mixes as well and yes, you can sell your old cds, even the remastered mini-lp-cd set from Japan do not have this quality! With this 6 CD-set a new era of Rory Gallagher just begins. Hopefully the rest will be done also in the future!!!
on 3 February 2016