on 15 July 2016
 Bought as a replacement for an older Evoluent 3. I tried the 4 but sent it back. I'm using it on Linux Mint so none of the fancy stuff works, nor is it needed. The extra width on the sculpted base is an improvement. What is greatly annoying me though, after a week of continuous use is, the noise the buttons make when you take your finger off them. They vibrate with a "twang" because they're too thin and flexible. This is due to the suction from your finger being released as you take your finger off the buttons. It occurs on the top and bottom buttons only. It's driving me nuts.

When I first used it, I found the shiny plastic finish on the thumb rest sticky if you have any perspiration on your skin at all. I've got use to that now, but the noise gives the impression it's a cheap and nasty bit of kit. It's certainly not cheap!
on 4 September 2015
This is excellent for reducing/eliminating wrist pain - once you start using evoluent mice (it will take a short time to get used to them), you will never go back to normal mice. I have now been using evoluent mice for years, and I have found if I use a non-evoluent mouse I get wrist pain, whilst with these I don't, as they put the wrist in a much better position to avoid typical wrist pain associated with a mouse. If you get this, I would suggest that you also get the 3M gel precise mousing surface leatherette mouse pad (also available from Amazon) to provide a full solution to wrist support, as they work really well together.
on 26 May 2016
In terms of it's function as a mouse, I can't really fault it. I was having wrist pain before using it, now I'm not. So, great. However....

The coating wears off, making it look tatty.
The bundled software crashes on every use, so I gave up with it. Which means I'm stuck with the standard configuration of the buttons
For what is a very expensive mouse, I would expect it to be rechargeable, not rely on AA batteries.
The mouse is very sensitive to surfaces, meaning a mouse mat normally needs to be used, or it won't track.
on 27 April 2015
This arrived this morning and so far so very good. It worked on my mac air immediately with zero install, and the download to set the buttons took two minutes and the choices are huge. It's lighter than it looks, but that means it moves around easily - I was worried it would take some shifting across the desk. It's also no way near as weird to use as I feared. The scroll wheel did seem further back than is comfortable at first, but tweaking how you hold the thing solves this. I imagine it's more an issue if you've bought one too small for your hands. Go big. Button sensitivity is perfect, and all very well placed. I have been suffering with very bad RSI / TE - probably a mixture of both - for six months now and here's hoping this helps, as my mac trackpad doesn't seem to be: although it's nice to have that on the left now to mix things up a bit. Will report back in a few weeks to see if this has helped my RSI.
on 4 July 2017
I was looking forward to using this mouse and rushed home to try it. I have big hands and the beginnings of RSI so was expecting great things from this premium mouse. Sally I was disappointed. The way this mode is designed it only caters for average to slightly larger hands, if your hand are bigger than that you will find this uncomfortable to use as intended hand position will not be possible, forcing you to twist your wrist so the hand makes contact with the mouse.
on 24 August 2017
If you're trying to cure, or want to prevent, any wrist issues, then this is great for taking strain off your forearm. If I had one minor suggestion it would be to have a scroll wheel freewheel button like the Logitech but you can click & drag the middle button
on 24 October 2016
works well, intuitive to use.
do measure your hand before choosing which size to get - I got the bigger (regular) size one which is a tiny bit big, but the smaller one would have been too small and fiddly.
expensive piece of kit, so hopefully will last and also help with aches.
on 17 March 2015
I used one of these in my previous post and it certainly eased the problems that I was getting from my wrist and elbow. For this reason I decided to buy one for home use and it was also recommended by my then Health and Safety Officer. As I use a laptop and not a fixed PC I thought it would be better if I went done the wireless route, with no regrets so far. It was easy to install and I like the power button on the bottom so that you do not accidently waste the battery when it is packed away.
on 15 March 2016
Wish I had "invested" in one ages back. It is FAB, a wee bit odd to get re-accostomed to "mousing" but the change of wrist angle proper does help.. Thank you Evouluent :-)
on 2 October 2017
I used to suffer with wrist pain at work due to using a conventional mouse. Bought this and after a few days pain was gone. Pricey but highly recommened.