Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£20.15

on 26 October 2012
I have just finished the book and, in my opinion, Luxury Strategy in Action is a must-read for both luxury industry professionals (as I am) and students willing to be an important part of the luxury industry one day. Each chapter being written by a different author engaged in different fields and positions in the industry and having their unique points of view to issues that concern the managers and CEOs today makes this book a valuable source of knowledge and inspiration. Nine chapters research different crucial topics of nowadays from innovation to social media and from brand extensions to emerging markets, to mention a few. I am the person who does not trust pure theory without any non-theoretical prove, so real-life examples and in-depth case studies found in this book captivated me. What else I liked about the fact that each chapter of this book was written by a different author is the absence of one same attitude/position that can be found in the books written by one author. Another favourable aspect of this book is all chapters being unattached to each other what lets you read them in a random sequence. Good job! Will be recommending this one for my colleagues.

Luxury Strategy in Action
on 31 March 2013
Very interesting and informative book.I have particularly appreciated that every chapter is written by a different author, who provides a fresh overview on the most important aspects of the luxury sector. The book is easy to read, yet not too high level. I have enjoyed the chapters on social media and branding. For those who are not into finance you can find a very easy chapter on basic concepts as discounted cash flow. I think that luxury by Kapferer is THE book on luxury, but this one is a very useful addition.