on 13 December 2013
I am very happy with this item.
I paid £45 (price Oct 2013) and got a 90 bottle capacity wine rack which having shopped around, I know is decent value.

For such a low price per bottle capacity, you shouldn't expect handmade flawless craftsman perfection. It is a little rough around the edges (slots in the wood are not all perfect) but this is not a beautiful furniture piece wine rack, it is more a practical one and I don't really notice any flaws now it's built and full of wine.

Saying that I have owned a few all wood modular wine racks, and this looks far nicer and of good quality unless you are really scrutinising it up close. I was concerned about the sturdiness of this high capacity model fully loaded, but don't have any concerns now it's built and has 90 bottles of wine in it. It seems robust enough.

I'm a practical person who owns tools and I would guess it took me between 35 and 60 mins to build fully. I didn't find it difficult.

A big plus is the bottle spaces are well sized so it fits all manner of 750ml wine bottle styles, including the champagnes we had. I think the only 750ml wine bottles that won't fit are ones like the traditional Chianti fiasco bottles and novelty ones, such as those used by J.P. Chenet. I have had problems with other wine racks not being suitable for a number of common bottle dimensions that stray too far from a Bordeaux style bottle. Not a problem with this one.

Just a FYI. It's not a wine rack you can configure without restriction. I have had wine racks in the past that you can build into any width or height limited only by the number of pieces you own. This has metal bars that go the full length and height of the rack so you can only build it into one shape unless you are willing to take a saw to the metal pieces. Putting two racks together seems like it really might need a joining kit (also available on Amazon) but I have not attempted this.

The wood is not stained or painted so you could paint or stain the wooden pieces as you see fit. I would recommend doing this before assembly but I think you could stain or paint afterwards if you really had to.

I would definately buy it again. 4.5 out of 5
on 14 January 2017
Excellent and fitted ell into my wine cellar wall.
on 31 March 2016
If I could give no stars here, then I would. Well, it arrived on time and the wooden rods burned well in our log burner which are the only plus points with this product.

The assembly instruction leaflet was utterly hopeless. Not even an Enigma Machine could decode it and the 'website' offered no practical advice whatsoever.

Do not buy this item unless you enjoy spending countless hours trying to assemble metal bits that don't fit together, wooden rods that split when tapped into place and 'support' rods that bend as easily as a spoon in Uri Gellers hand. This product is a load of cheaply produced, low quality rubbish.
on 15 June 2016
great for holding the bottles that i have collected over the years.
having moved again with more space may need another
on 24 July 2016
Good item but assembly is a bit of a mission.
on 22 September 2014
The rack itself, once built, is sturdy and very easy to use. As for the building, the instructions are vague and pretty unclear. I would say that the easiest way to build this rack is to lay out each piece that you will need. The wooden pegs are last to be added, as are the nails, however the metal grid is one of the first things to be put together. There should be metal sheets with dips, which fit into metal sheets without dips. Laying out this grid initially will save time, and whilst I successfully built this by myself, having two people build it will make your life easier.

Overall I would say that the fun is exactly found in building it, and you will need some brain power to work out how to put it together, but at the price it is well worth it to say you built something perfect.
on 4 December 2015
Took a while to put together, but not as difficult as some reviewers suggest! The end product is extremely robust and rigid and happily holds all my bottles. You will definitely need to screw it to the wall for safety. For anyone who has a lot of bottles to store, I would definitely recommend this rack.
on 7 April 2016
Arrived on time, as described and ready for assembly. Instructions are clear and once you get the frame aligned, construction is straightforward. Good product, good service.
on 13 October 2015
The package was delivered the next day and it was very easy to put together, though with the size of the wine rack it still took 2 hours to finish. However the rack is very strong and the video that I found posted by the manufacturer about assembling it was helpful. This is an old traditional design but still to me the simplest, strongest and the best.
on 15 February 2014
Perhaps every household in the country should be supplied free of charge with this item and those who fail to assemble it quietly asked to leave. I'm as thick as mince and I was able to construct it in a little less than an hour whilst drunk and listening to Tom Waits. The wine rack is now standing sturdy in the garage full of last years hand picked and home brewed elderberry and blackberry wine. A fine product; and so is the wine rack.
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse