Customer reviews

on 13 June 2014
A word of advice. I have 2 printers - an HP photosmart C309g and an Officejet 8600 pro plus. Buy an HP photosmart printer and you are doomed to paying extortionate amounts for ink. The officejet sips the ink in comparison - is quicker and is now my default printer. This ink, being XL, is dear but will last a long time. Don't make the mistake I made and buy 'compatible' - your printer will suffer - HP genuine ink will make your printer last longer - very high quality
22 Comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 June 2017
I decided to buy the genuine HP cartridges after reading few reviews of the non-official ones. Needless to say, it was a child's play to install them and the printer recognised them immediately and I was up and running in no time. Once I removed the old cartridges, I noticed that they were a "starter" pack, the ones that came with the printer. I am not a heavy user but these ones lated for over 2 years so I am guessing the "full fat" ones I have in now will last for a long while. The quality of the prints is top notch as expected. I know I am paying 3 times as much as the non HP cartridges but I can not put a price on peace of mind :)
on 20 August 2016
This was nearly £90 at Rymans...brilliant value from Amazon. I much prefer genuine inks to "compatibles" but they are usually poor value because of the high price. This gave me the best of both worlds.
on 21 January 2016
Cheaper than many other vendors and works first time.

Having tried many non-genuine cartridges, with often mixed results, I have come to the conclusion that genuine is easier and less frustrating.
This cartridge was immediately recognised as a full genuine HP cartridge in my Officejet 8600 and works fine.

Can't really ask for more than that.
on 21 April 2014
Excellent way of buying these inks if you are a regular user. I occasionally top up with the colour I use most to avoid a build up of the other colours. Inks are not individually foil wrapped or individually boxed, but I store in airtight container to make sure. The bonus papers are just that - a free bonus and come in handy when you need a higher spec paper for a small job.
My printer leaked ink on the only occasions I tried refilled or other brand ink cartridges so I stick to HP and the XL content is mush better value per sheet, combined with this value pack excellent value.
on 29 November 2016
I always have a spare set of all inks. Discovered on a Friday afternoon when waiting for cartridge to run out to then replace that my partner had replaced without telling me or ordering more. He was saved by this well priced efficiently delivered set of cartages. They arrived Sunday at no extra cost. I have used it for 3 days no probs great product.

Thanks so much
on 27 February 2015
excellent product .. Arrived next day using Amazon prime delivery .... Packaged in genuine hp box with holographic genuine sticker on box. Installed straight out the box and my hp 8600 printer recognised it straight away and was ready to use in less than a minute . No issues with the print quality .
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on 20 May 2017
I bought these cartridges as back up ink for my new HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 Printer, purchased through Amazon. Two months after purchase my original cartridges ran out and I was just about to swap them over for these when I noticed they were not compatible -- despite the fact when buying the printer they were the first item on Amazon's 'frequently bought together' list as well as a 'sponsored product'. I'm sure the ink is fine in a compatible printer. I spent an hour on the phone with Amazon getting a return organised as the one month return window had closed. I'm now out of ink for the best part of a week as I await the correct cartridges. It would have been nice if someone at Amazon had checked their compatibility.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2017
These cartridges may cost a little more than the norm but you get so many printed pages out of them it worth it. I find with these cartridges I only have to buy 2 per year rarely 3 if I am doing a great deal of printing. In the long run you save alot more than the normal cheaper cartridges.
on 22 October 2016
Excellent Product. What more can I say. I buy original inks (I have to say as cheaply as I can from Amazon) as the last time I bought refills or cheap inks not originals, my printer jammed up and sent ink everywhere. It ruined my printer and I had to replace it. So no more aftermarket inks for me thanks, I only want hp.