Customer reviews

Price:£0.99

on 11 March 2017
Excellent
on 28 May 2010
After enjoying Dr Ken's first book View from the Surgery so much I couldn't leave Reality GP on the shelf so bought it!

As with "View from the Surgery" I found "Reality GP" to be an easy to read, well written, thoroughly amusing and enjoyable book that can so easily be picked up and put down without fear of losing the plot as each bite sized chapter stands alone.

I had initially anticipated stories along the same lines of James Herriot (whom I also enjoy) however, Dr Ken B Moody's books aren't a catalogue of human antics to rival Mr Herriot but you won't be disappointed. Each chapter is introduced by an opening paragraph describing something someone has said or done and Dr Moody's ramblings and thoughts meander from there to give some highly amusing thoughts and insights, at times on very poignant subjects. The cryptic names of Dr Moody's patients initially evaded me but after reading one name out loud (much to the amusement of my family) I soon realised that Mona Lotte the long suffering practice manager, Fiona Verre (known as Fi Verre)who was running a very high temperature, Candy Barr (the chocoholic) et al were very cleverly thought out names relating to the person and their individual traits!

I read many books, most I pass on but some are keepers. Dr Ken B Moody has earned himself a place on my keepers shelf and I'm sure I'll continue to revisit his surgery for many years to come!
on 28 May 2010
He's done it again....Dr Moody and his un-put-downable bit sized chunks of life as a rural GP in the Scottish Borders. As with the highly entertaining first book, we are given another and even more amusing (in a sometimes poignant way) insight into this beloved old GP's surgeries, patients and consultations, a fabulous blend of chuckleworthy anecdotes and wobbly chin moments.
on 29 May 2010
Dr Moody is once again back in the surgery dispensing heart-warming and thoughtful advice. He is a welcome antidote to the reality of today's rushed appointments where you are huckled out the door,prescription for antidepressants in hand and he's the kind of avucular GP at whose feet we'd all love to lay our troubles. Engaging and articulate, he speaks from the heart from a different era and in doing so throws our own lives into sharp relief. Pausing to delve into Dr Ken's world for a few moments is up there with relaxing with a hot cup of chocolate on a cold winter's night or stopping to smell the roses on a fresh summer's day.
on 14 February 2015
Another good read from Dr Moody, I love his sense of humour ( much needed in his profession I would think) and his comments on modern government rules and regulations are spot on. I sympathise with his dilemma over the dismissal of one of his receptionists, it's a fine line.
I enjoy the fact that his patient and their "problems" are the same as probably every other surgery in the country and having worked in a surgery for many years can vouch for that in the one I worked in. Would recommend this book
on 18 May 2013
Another good book which is fun and informative. Thought provoking .Best treated like a banquet, have small portions enjoy and come back for more when you feel like it.
I Hume.
on 28 May 2010
REALITY GP is another wry slice of medical anecdotage from Dr Ken B Moody. If you enjoyed his first tome, View From the Surgery, you'll get just as much pleasure from this follow-up.
on 3 October 2013
This book is very informative, very funny and the names of the people really great. Please write more, I will be getting your first book. Ken, please write more!!!!!!!!! I have not finished this book yet, I feel as though I am inside you as the things you say are what I would like to say.
on 14 November 2013
This book is made up of a newspaper column written by Dr. Kenilworth Moody. It is a book written with gentleness and a certain amount of love for his patients and his country. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a relaxing read, with a certain amount of chuckles.
on 13 May 2014
Very funny and had me laughing to myself when reading this on the train, much to the amusement of other passengers!!! I loved his various patients' names were variations of the complaints they suffered! Brilliant!