Format: DVD|Change

on 27 February 2012
My six year old daughter and myself are both big fans of the first Barbie In A Mermaid Tale [DVD] film and this fun sea-quel was just as enjoyable. Merliah is a sufing champion and she is ready and looking forward to taking on the biggest surfing competition in the world down-under at Australia. Her evil aunt Eris escapes from her prison whirlpool and is on a mission to take over the throne of Oceana which will give her full control of the seas!
Can Merliah and her friends stop her evil aunt and get back in time for the surf competition championship?
This a very exciting Barbie film with some great surfing stunts/tricks and some nice humour too. If your daughter enjoyed the first Barbie In A Mermaid Tale film then she will love this sea-quel as well and the next Barbie film which is coming out in Autumn 2012 is called Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar.

Bonus features are as follows:

Outtakes
"Do The Mermaid" Music Video
Polly Pocket "Best Day Ever" which is a short cartoon
Trailer Gallery
on 3 March 2012
I purchased this for my 6 year old daughter and she loved it. It follows on from part one. It does not matter if you have not seen one as it provides you a synposis at the beginning from one of the sea urchins. Impressed with delivery as this was a pre order and it arrived on the release date.
on 9 June 2015
This was a birthday present for my daughter and she is completely addicted to it, we all are to be fair. The songs especially the main one are quite catchy and not at all cheesy like you would expect from a Barbie movie.
on 5 April 2012
My daughter was counting down the days for this to come out and she wasnt disappointed it was a great film, everything we have come to expect from the barbie dvd's
on 13 February 2014
But my daughter loves it!! Aged 7 yrs, she is addicted to these bright, gentle films. Lots of nice music to dance to, no real "threat" or nasty incidences, Keeps her fully absorbed for the entire length of film & provides an easy choice for "Home Cinema" treat with her friends. A must for any Barbie fan
on 22 January 2013
My daughter loved the first movie so much she wanted the second one to see how the story carried on (so did I!) Really enjoyable and good fun, but you don't need to watch the first movie to enjoy this one.
on 12 September 2013
My daughter loves this and she was over the moon when she saw it however when came through the case was completely battered so had to use a empty case luckily had one. Said on description case a lil damaged was not a lil damaged.But the main thing the disc played well and my daughter was happy.
on 8 June 2012
My 7 year old daughter asked for a Mermaid Tale 1 & 2 and paid for it with her own pocket money. Not being a fan of Barbie myself, I had raised eyebrows about the whole genre, especially the effect of the 'Barbie Doll Syndrome' on an impressionable 7 year old. However, I was pleasantly surprised and the whole family (including 9 and 5 year old boys!) actually watched it together! It is a simple story with additional extras about a sucessful female surfer after the main feature. My children all enjoyed it, and despite the cheesy bits, so did us adults! Would definitely recommend it to anyone, including any non-Barbie fans!
on 10 June 2012
bought this dvd for my grandaughter who is 4 years old its never been off she loves it a good buy
on 13 April 2013
GrandMa loves it too. This is another excellent Barbie movie. However some voices were a bit squeaky.
Oh for the old days where actors actually had elocution and voice projection......... forget the nose it is
all from down in the chest. Not everything get better and that goes for the breed of American actresses.