• Steel

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 19 May 2012
Very good album of a brilliant Finnish band! I saw them live as a support act for Nightwish and I was really impressed! The songs are very powerful and the lead singer has an excellent voice. you can compare their music a bit to Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. They are different from those two of course, but it if you like them you will probably like Battle Beast. Their live performance was also very strong and it made me buy their album almost immediately afterwards. My personal favourites are 'enter the metal world', 'steel' and 'show me how to die'. I can recommend this album to everyone who likes this kind of music. Definitely worth buying!
on 1 February 2012
If you are into Judas Priest style Heavy Metal you will absolutely love Battle Beast! Only very good tracks, no fillers. The vocalist Nitte Valo is, IMHO, easily the best female metal singer EVER.
on 25 August 2012
The glory days of Metal were the 80s, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Thrash in North America and plenty of records abound that are cemented as classics from a prosperous era. But entering the cynical 2000s where everything has seemingly been done and new life is always yearned for, we get plenty of bands doing it retro. Some succeed in recapturing that 80s essence, others fail in miserable condition. But here we have Battle Beast's debut and surprisingly - the Finns have done it and have made an album of good old heavy metal with catchy riffs, heroic solos, synthesizer aplenty and powerful vocals. Battle Beast's debut may be a concept album of sorts, I don't think they'd care if it was, with the lyrics about death, war, mechanical entities, metal of various weights and heroic stuff all round.

One thing to note, this is a band which pulls no punches and is OTT to the max. So naturally it smells like cheese which never will die. But the band doesn't exactly take itself seriously from the name to the cover art to the songs themselves so no problem. It's meant to be over the top and the cheesiness of the overall product just adds to how enjoyable the record is. Seriously, if you get over the initially ridiculous lyrical and musical layering here then you get a really enjoyable, fun record of 80s style retro old fashioned heavy metal. Leading this band is none other than female vocalist (although this is hard to distinguish without confirmation at times) Nitte Valo. Wow, a Metal Titan to rival any male counterpart, she has it all, air raid siren, rapsing shouts and lungs that could rival Bruce Dickinson for capacity. Combining that with solid and epic backing from the other 5 members of the band who play flawlessly throughout and you have an epic of an album with power and cheese wafting through the casing.

So what we have at the end of the day is probably the cheesiest record in creation perhaps to revive Manowar's efforts, but it's a great, catchy and fun record with epic tracks like "Enter the Metal World", folk power with the synthesized "Band of the Hawk" with "Victory" a fitting epic close to a magnificent, perhaps insane album which reaches new depths of ridiculously epic. But what's the point of living if all must be complicated and serious eh? For those who just wish to leave behind the genre's complexity for something retro, fun and ridiculous, OTT and a sonic joy throughout, then this is an album for you. Enjoy!
on 20 November 2013
This band ROCKS make no mistake, if you like rock music then this band will Rock your socks off, Finlands finest fantstic rock music
but you will need their 2nd album too as this alone isnt enough, Heavy Metal it is as its ''Steel''
on 23 June 2015
Awesome album. I buy a lot of albums and have been a metaller through and through for over 30 years, and I can say this band ticks all the right boxes for me! Definitely as other reviewers of this and their other albums have said, it's very old school eighties metal done superbly well - definitely a big Accept influence among other bands, and that's a good thing. Vocals are superb and the shredding is excellent, as is the song writing, as well as huge choruses. I brought this not knowing much about them, but am so glad I did - the moment I popped this into my cd player it brought a huge grin to my face, so I played it again...and again. Not many albums/bands do that for me any more. I've just ordered their 2 newer albums too. Every once in a while a band does come along that stands out amongst the mediocrity (and in my opinion there is a lot of mediocrity out there at the moment) - I definitely get that 'stand out' feeling about Battle Beast - just a damn great band who do what they do really well. If you are an old school metaller you will almost certainly love this band/album. Can't wait for the other 2 albums to fall through my letterbox!!!
on 15 September 2013
I very rarely write music reviews because, if you are of an age to remember the NWOBHM then, like me, you are probably more than a little tired over the next 'new' band being labelled as a return to it. However, for the first time in a very long time Battle Beast justifiably tick this box. Great thumping aggressive heavy metal. Take the punt and download and enjoy. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
on 16 September 2015
Fantastic cd n speedy delivery
on 25 October 2015
Great Heavy Metal album.
on 2 October 2014
Love this cd.playing it now shame she as left but both cds are as.good
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse