on 18 September 2012
My son is just three and we have a few if the play doh sets, including a couple of others from the sweet shop range. This is by far the best simply because he can do it by himself, what he makes resembles the pictures on the box and best of all it requires no cleaning! No teeny tiny bits of dried play doh to bodge out every time it's been used.
My son loves it, he has only had it a week but it has already been played with in terms of hours more than some of the other sets he has had for about a year. It just appeals. He also likes to open the back of the gumball machine and pretend to fix it before making more sweeties.
Well worth the money.
on 22 November 2012
I bought this for my 5 years old boys birthday and he loves it! It is sturdy, he can turn the handle himself and play-doh doesnt get stuck in the machine. His 7 year old sister loves it too! We like play-doh sets as it is something my kids come back to again and again so you definitiely get your moneys worth. I paid £12.50 and feel it was good value for money, although the RRP of £25 is rather high!
on 5 January 2013
My six year old saw the advert for this product and begged for it. I thought he may be a slightly disappointed as toys are rarely as good as they look on tv. I am not a play doh fan as it always seems to get squashed into the carpet. I was also dreading the assemble of this product as it mentioned adult assemble required and I hate setting up toys. Dispite my fears This toy is excellent. It was very easy to put together. My son's aged 3 and 6 played for hours with this when they got it. I had bought them extra play doh tubs so they had plently to play with. The colours do soon become a green/brown mess but I just told the kids they were making chocolate and they were happy. Making the candy balls is lots of fun, the look great rolling out of the machine. Then you turn them into sweets or lolly pops. Great fun.
review image review image review image review image
on 30 October 2012
This toy has been used a lot since my Grandaughter's birthday. She can operate it herself which is good as she cant manage to use the ice cream play doh toy.
on 2 February 2014
The smaller moulds are great, and the kids still play with them. But, if you leave any dough in the main section it dries out, and is very difficult to remove, even though there is a hatch to get it out. I've thrown out the larger bit, as I couldn't get some of the clay out, and it just wouldn't turn.
on 10 January 2014
3 year old loves it but it gets easily clogged up and constantly needs a little help to get the dough on the move.
Not bad for the price and hours of fun if your around to unclog. Also the handle gets stuck now and then.
on 3 January 2013
My grandson was given this for Christmas and loved it. At the age of three, he soon mastered the machine and had a good deal of fun making and moulding "sweets". By way of a caution, however, it should be mentioned that the door in the machine is useful for removing unwanted Play-doh from the "works", but, as my grand son soon demonstrated, it is also is quite useful for inserting more Play-doh to gum up the works even more! It should also be remembered that, when the door is open, the gear box is locked and the handle will not turn. No doubt this is a health-and-safety feature, but was not realised by the adult commmunity here at Christmas until a quite unecessary dismantling had taken place upon which the quite obvious locking tab was spotted. All we needed to do was close the door, instead of dismantling the machine! On reassembly, all went well and many more "sweets" were manufactured.
on 9 October 2013
My daughter received this for her 3rd birthday and has hardly stopped playing with it. As others have said the best thing is she can do it all herself - none of those plungers that need adult strength. She played for nearly 3 Hours this morning. Brilliant for younger ones and I enjoyed it too!!
on 25 November 2013
My son loves this and it's a great addition to any Play-doh playtime.

My only gripe is that he loves to mix the colours up when making the balls which plays havoc with my blossoming OCD :o)
on 28 August 2014
My daughter really likes this, however you have to be prepared for some mess and need to keep your eye on them to make sure they don't try to eat the 'sweets'. She does have a lot of fun playing with it.