Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 10 December 2013
This is my first never reveiw, and I felt moved to write it as this was just so awful. I read the free sample and thinking Mia sounded promising as a character, brought the book. Mia changes from a young professional, intelligent woman, to a sop! There is little attractive or inspiring about Drew. He cooks and I suspect that he has porridge between his ears. The book doesn't get off go. Save the money and buy chocolate.
on 13 January 2015
As the author herself says, this is quite different to her other tales. This is not a comedy. This is darker, more serious, and yet is also a more rewarding read. It does still have humourous parts, and intriguing, complicated characters. It it still a brilliant page turner. The stakes are high in this gripping story.
A tale of how the survivors of very difficult, painful childhoods have to learn to rely only on themselves. Yet, in order to reach out and trust and love in others, they have to face all the fears and pains, and demons they have buried, and risk coming undone in the process.
This book touches some of the widespread cruelties and difficulties in our world. From racism, poverty, neglect and abuse, and how much we are shaped by our circumstances, childhood, and relationships. How strong people can be.
on 28 January 2014
A wonderful story that had me picking up my kindle at every possible opportunity to read the next twist in the story. The characters were so easy to understand and visualising the various scenes and thoughts going through Mia's mind got me a little hot under the collar. Beautifully written and this is the third book by Nina Cordoba I've read in as many weeks. I've never been a keen reader but since buying the kindle and then reading Nina's stories, I'm hooked.
on 17 December 2013
This is the second book I've read by this author and I wasn't disappointed. It's a completely addictive easy read. I really like the authors style of writing and while the story is a bit predictable and the characters a bit stereotypical I couldn't put it down until I'd gotten to the end. Buy this if you're looking for a holiday read.
on 9 December 2013
This is my first ever review, just because I am too lazy to write reviews. But for this author, I just had to. Quirky, but deep as well. I especially loved the fact that Drew is a breath of fresh air from all the macho men you typically get in most romance novels, which makes him more believable .
on 18 September 2014
This is an eye opener to the sad people who call themselves parents and then treat kids badly. You wanted them so please love them or give them to those who are unlucky not to have their own.
Thanks again Nina for a lovely story.
on 25 July 2014
It was such an engaging read, I struggled to put it down. Loved the characters and really felt their vulnerability. Lovely to read the letter set twenty years later in the blog.
on 1 July 2014
Great book, I wasn't sure what to expect at the beginning but really enjoyed it I would def recommend. It's not a funny story but it's a lovely love story.
on 7 July 2014
Cute little story total fantasy but really enjoyed the escapism ! definitely an easy read I would recommend if you like soppy romance !!!:)
on 27 December 2013
The type of book when you want to escape from the world and curl up and read. Light and well paced. Easy to read with a feel good ending.