on 1 May 2017
Finally I can do this simply. My friend prefers Windows movie maker. But I find that too complicated! This is clear and simple. Plus it saves your project automatically so I don't loose loads of work.
6 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 9 February 2017
Initially when I downloaded the 7 day free trial, there were issues with the software (iOS) and I was very disheartened. However....... the team behind this kit were absolutely superb in every way. Their contact was second to none and they worked tirelessly to solve problems that I was having. As a result I brought the full package with the web cam and haven't looked back! I have now made a number of stop motion videos with the kids and a few more adult based ones not for kids, to wind up my mates.
I have not had any issues with the web cam that just plugs and plays and those that gave low reviews saying you can do the same on a free downloadable app..... you clearly are not using this to its full potential.
As a Mac user, there are a number of apps that you can use to assist in editing videos and adding in sound, creating .gip files etc, you just have to research and find them. The options that are available included in this software are also very very good.
All in all this is the whole package that when I was a kid I always wanted but was always so expensive. Now as an adult I can re-live my childhood and bring my children into the world of animation!
All elee I would say is watch and learn the tutorial videos, they are very good if you stick to the rules as a way to learn the basics.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 July 2017
My son has been using this for several months now and he loves it. It installed very easily and my 10 year old has learnt how to use it himslef. He is able to make short movies and add sounds, such as imported music & speech. He loves it and has recommended it to all his friends.
4 people found this helpful
on 20 August 2015
Great software with a basic camera.

I recently bought this kit for my seven year old daughter to use. She has had no trouble getting to grips with it, the software is quite straight forward. I use a Mac and needed to upgrade to Yosemite OS before I could install the software. However, this was long overdue anyway and the upgrade is free so no problems there.

The first kit contained a faulty camera, it worked but there was a constant white line running through the screen shot. Rather than request a refund/exchange from Amazon, I emailed ZuLogic directly via their own website. They responded immediately and sent a replacement camera free of charge to me in the post. Fantastic support service and the second camera works fine! The camera is rather basic though (as to be expected for an all inclusive price of £49.99) but my daughter hasn't noticed/mentioned it. It's just me being fussy and noticing that the image isn't immaculately pristine.

In conclusion, you are mainly paying for the software with this kit. But the software is good and I would recommend it.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 December 2016
My 10 year old daughter had this for Xmas as she loves making videos on her Ipad and I wanted to take her further into the animation world to fire her imagination. She has already started using it and loves it. The only disappointment is that you can't use the webcam on the Ipad but I'm looking into a lightning adapter to see if that works for her. It can be used without the webcam but obviously she wants to use it as it's part of the fun and kit overall. She is only limited now by her imagination as there is so much she can do in terms of filmmaking/animation. I'm already being send short videos on my iPhone! Works great with the Animation Studio kit which I also purchased at the same time.
One person found this helpful
on 13 February 2017
I am a retired person hoping to develop a new hobby. I am disappointed with the software disc. I had trouble installing it..a net file was missing..which would not download from the internet. Still I browsed the disc and found an old version of Windows installer for it and Zu3d installed. I have read the pdf and note on the disc...and it would seem I have an old version V3 of the software for XP. I am running windows 8.1 and it appears it is compatible. However all the media files are missing and not easily downloaded (I have a limited data allowance) even if I could access them. I have emailed their support line to request a current disc with media files and the latest version of their software Zu3D with a registration key. I am left in a quandry should I expect a working disc from the supplier or return the entire purchase. The kit itself is an nice package and would be fun to learn to use. My update is a much happier story. The help desk sent me a link which was able to down load the Media library and they have offered to send a CD for the older version of it to me. Learning curve should be fun.
on 21 December 2017
This is a brilliant kit for not only kids, but adults too! Good quality for money. people are mind boggled when we show them how we make our animations. You open up the box and you get: green screen, set, webcam, CD case with product code, guide and modelling clay. I recommend this product to all people who want an all-in-1 video editor and animation software.
3 people found this helpful
on 4 April 2018
Web cam very poor resolution and bleaches out the scene when the light is on. Software does not effectively support chroma or green screen. I was really disappointed with this for the price and have asked for a refund. The box it comes in is quite small, as is the green screen background. The plasticine colours are quite dark and you only get a small amount. My son who is 10 has been doing his own stop motions for a long time and was excited to move forward with the green screen, but we tried it lots of different ways with different backgrounds replacements and objects, but it just didn't work. Shame as the software was quite good apart from the green screen. I wouldn't recommend as you can easily achieve better results with an ipod or smartphone and an app that costs less than £5.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 January 2016
I bought this for my daughter's 8th birthday. It is so incredibly easy to use that she had made a short film within minutes of starting despite no previous experience. The "onion skin" layering really helps in providing a shadow of the previous frame so you are able to see how much you have moved your objects. It's also great for when you have knocked something as you can use the shadow to help you put it back in exactly the same position. The kit includes the software on CD, a camera, green cloth, plasticine & a background sheet. Altough our cd didn't work we were able to download the program from the website. Their website also provides some excellent advice on getting started with animation. We're looking forward to using more of the features when making our next films.
on 19 April 2016
animation kit for children (and adults).
Initially had a problem with it and emailed the makers, who replied back straight away and sorted it out for me.
User friendly software, camera is very sturdy.
Great to get your child interested in animation.

Edit: After a few days using it now we have noticed the cam freezing quite often or the software just does not recognizing it at all.
Also the 'Record video from webcam' doesn't work at all. Keep getting a 'sorry recording failed, please try changing webcam capture settings' error message but nothing we click on makes this work.

Edit 2: This was speedily fixed by the company who's customer support was excellent. Grandson is animating 24/7 now :)
|11 Comment|Report abuse