on 13 March 2016
After reading the reviews on here I decided to purchase one of these. I've had no regrets. It's a very good phone.
OK it may look like a Fisher Price phone for kids, looking more like a toy than an adult house phone with buttons the size of settee cushions but it is sure easy to use and dial numbers, especially if you have banana fingers!!
It also looks attractive and the clarity is brilliant especially the loud button which amplifies the voice of the person you're listening too.
All round a brill phone for the price. Got mine for under a tenner (reconditioned) that includes p&p, and is as good as new.
Buy it you won't be disappointed....I wasn't...
7 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2012
Purchased for a relative who is hard of hearing and wears a hearing aid. Buttons are large, easy to read and easy to use for older (and not so old) people. Phone is not the smallest on the market but sits still when in use and doesn't slide about when dialing. The best thing about it, as far as we are concerned is that the adjustable volume really works and someone who has real difficulty with 'normal' phones, and cannot use digital cordless phones can use this one with no problems.
164 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 11 September 2017
Arrived with batteries pre-installed. Not difficult to install and use. The 'Quick dial' button is a useful feature. A good telephone for older people, particularly those with a hearing problem who might find the 'Loud' button helpful. Loses a 'star' because it lacks a display which is useful in this age of nuisance callers - hope you have read this BT!
5 people found this helpful
on 28 April 2018
This product was not a success. Bought for an elderly relative at the end of January this year, it stopped working in late April. So I phoned the BT help desk number shown on the bottom of the phone, waited five minutes and was then told "This number doesn't deal with this phone any more - you'll have to ring another number." So I phoned the second number, waited ten minutes this time, only to be told "Your BT 200 has broken - you will have to buy another one." Needless to say, it won't be a BT phone.
on 5 June 2017
This is an excellent phone for people with poor eyesight and poor hearing. It is also simple to use. I bought it for my husband who can't use modern phones with small buttons. He is very pleased with the phone as it makes him connected to the family again.
It was a very reasonable price. I would recommend it to all elderly people who may be struggling with smaller phones.
3 people found this helpful
on 24 January 2018
Returned as faulty. The hands-free mode kept cutting out entirely every few seconds so every few words being spoken were missed.
3 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2015
This is a big phone. So you need plenty of space for it. Quite loud but not the loudest. Flashing 1571 alert is a good feature but requires batteries to run which don't last that long. Ability to operate with a mains supply would help here,

I bought this phone mainly for the three dialer short cuts which makes the phone easy to use in an emergency.

I was unable to get this phone to ring on a standard two wire extension. Seems to need the third "bell wire" to ring, which normally modern phones don't require. It will ring if you use a micro filter though, but this didn't work for me as it interfered with BT Infinity broadband. So had to get a separate ringer. So all in all a bit of a mixed bag.
on 14 November 2016
I have been trying to use this phone since I bought it in August. However I have had to go back to my old big button phone which I've had a very long time. Being deaf I rely on the amplified sound which is very poor on this one. I thought new models were supposed to be an improved version of the old one.
on 31 December 2013
Perhaps I just happened to receive a dud ! Bought as Christmas Present to assist an elderly (now disappointed) relative with communications. Spent the entire afternoon (well at least three hours) of Xmas day trying to get it to hold the three main quick dial emergency numbers. They disappeared without trace on numerous occasions no matter which way they were recalled. Volume was insufficient on loudspeaker, even when set on maximum I could hardly hear the wait hold-music on an 0845 number. Item is quite big and bulky and if it worked, would be ideal for someone with dexterity problems but the methods of recalling numbers and adjusting the volume just seemed so overcomplicated. After about two hours I was so befuddled even I couldn't remember the sequences, so a confused 'oldie' would have no chance. I persevered and finally got three numbers stored BUT half an hour later, they had all gone again. It's now back in it's box and awaiting drop off at the Amazon return point. As usual, Amazon customer service was second to none.
One person found this helpful
on 13 March 2017
Excellent, it does what it says, works well, very loud for the hard of hearing, brilliant speaker phone can hear and have conversation all round the room. We order two, but had to send one back however as we thought they were wall mountable, well no, had to revert to a normal hand held for kitchen use, but great product and fantastic service from provider
One person found this helpful