on 5 January 2013
Think this is a really good product, I like it as a mum & my 7 year old is learning how to use it... on christmas morning we found it abit tricky, but once you know what your doing its good! Its very creative & puts some thinking into it! Theres lots of tatoos for the doll to have & u can wash the doll & tatoo again! But what I would say is dont fill the water bit up just wet the sponge for the lab, as the water tends to run over everything underneath!!! But all in all good product!
on 31 December 2012
The grandparents bought this for my eldest daughter (7) for Christmas, and she loves playing with it. Firstly, however, we couldn't find the spare tattoos (they're in a little drawer in the front of the lab) so we thought we hadn't been supplied with any. I tried to buy more, but you can't buy the tattoos without buying heads, torso, lower arms and legs. Fine, I figured at least my youngest would end up with a doll as well.

But no. The spare parts don't include any thighs or upper arms. None of the add-on packs do. So you can buys loads of extra bits but never actually make more than one doll at a time. Pretty darned stupid. And now I have a very upset 4 year old who wants to play along with her sister but can't because we can't buy the parts to assemble a full doll for her.
on 21 November 2012
Brilliant gift for any child that loves Monster high... Does everything it says it does. A little fiddly but worth it in the end...
on 15 October 2013
cost abit too much as not used a great deal think its been out few times but.they much prefer the proper dolls
on 11 August 2015
This toy is good in it's concept but requires adult supervision as quite a lot of pressure to apply the tattoo's and the sponge has to be soaking wet and not just damp. (the sponge quality is very poor)
My daughter has quite a few of the add on pack dolls but just as another review has pointed out you do not get enough fore arms and thighs so you can only ever make one doll at a time, as per another persons quote (pretty damn stupid) - agreed !!

Although my daughter is very happy with the toy and loves monster high I wouldn't recommended it for 6+ it says on the box, more like 12+

come on Mattel, get your age groups right !!

also with time you will need to pull the toy apart to clean it properly as it is a haven for bacteria !!!!!!!!!!
on 6 January 2014
initial reaction wow soon ran out of transfers and interest a bit messy and instructions more for an adult than a seven year old.
on 11 March 2015
Can only comment on delivery, price and price as this is for my daughters birthday. Delivery was quick, 3 days after I had bought it. Was well and truly packaged, always rely on Amazon to package things really well. This item was on offer so got it for a great price. My daughter is a massive monster high fan so i know she will love it.
on 7 January 2013
My daughter is Monster High daft just now, so this design lab was perfect for her. She loves it, can be a bit fiddily and you can also overload it with water very easily, but apart from that it great fun, you get a really good selection of transfers so will last a while.
on 30 July 2015
I bought this for my 7 year old niece's birthday and she absolutely loves it. She is a massive fan of monster high and has had so much fun designing her very own doll and coming up with names and stories. Would recommend for any child who is a fan of the series.
on 4 April 2013
My 8 year old has had hour of creative fun with this toy, some of the dolls are a little scary when finished but she has really enjoyed being able to make a doll that no-one else has :-) well worth the money

See one answered question