on 28 March 2013
i like this game although the only bad thing i think is online not game play just players as i have found people to just spam long ranged attacked almost impossible to block them so kinda gave up online but for the story/single player its really good
on 29 February 2012
If you have the Vita, and you want to show off graphic power, this game is a must.

As a fan of 2D fighting games, I have to say I am impressed with the Vita version. It plays almost exactly as the Ps3 version, but now you can take it anywhere. It is great to play on the train, or even in bed. The rest of the family can watch their TV show while I sit with them and play as I would do with my Ps3.

As soon as you get confortable with the Vita, you will find that the distance between the buttons makes the gameplay very confortable.

If you are a hardcore player, just ignore the touch controls... makes the game way too easy. Also, I would recommend enabling the function to search online matches ignoring players using touch controls (sorry for newcomers... but it is not fair to be beaten by a guy who is just touching the screen really fast)
on 28 February 2012
This is my first marvel vs capcom game, and I can say it is fantastic, frantic fun. Graphics are very impressive, lots of characters to keep you busy, and very fast and responsive. Great game for button bashing maniacs, and enough depth for proper technical fighters. Even has touchscreen controls which is a novelty, but fun. Multiplayer matches are also smooth and responsive.
Only gripe are the price of the add-ons, about 4 quid for a few costumes... rip off.
Most of all, very fun and put a smile on my face!
on 10 March 2012
This game is a very good port of the 360/PS3 game, it includes 48 characters, all look really great, as does everything in this game, it shows off the power of the Vita very well. The fighting is fast, flashy with lots of sparks and comic book style special moves flying all over the screen every minute. And the sound effects and voice overs are equally over the top. It's sensory overload, and it's a lot of fun.

It's not the sort of game that is going to keep me glued to the Vita for hours at a time , as I'm more of a casual gamer when it comes to fighters. But it's a great game to just pick up and play, or dip into when you've got 20 minutes to spare. I haven't tried online as I don't have wifi set up yet.

Capcom make the best fighting games on handhelds, I thought Street Fighter on 3DS was very good, and now this has topped that as the best fighter ever released on a handheld, keep it up Capcom. I gave it 4 stars because I think there could be more to the single player side of the game, Mortal Kombat on Vita is going to offer a lot of single player content and a proper story mode, I would like to see Capcom do this with their fighters.
on 9 June 2012
I bought this game last week and lets just say that this game is incredible . The new roster is magnificent with 12 new characters which are really good to play with. The new feature heroes and heralds is a good feature as when people get bored of playing they can just play that and iT does take a while. I own it on ps vita and it has wonderfully HD graphics and the characters on so vita look exactly like the ones on the ps3. The new touch screen feature makes it easier to play and much quicker.mthe online is the main purpos why I ave given this game 5stars . It is very addictive. Overall it is good game and a must buy.
on 27 March 2012
I skipped this on the console as I felt it came out to close to the original's release. I was glad to hear it would be a launch title for the Vita as I was ready for it and the new characters. I was a big fan of what Capcom did with Marvel vs. Capcom 3. They definitely delivered on a long awaited continuation of a fan favorite. They also did their best to bring the full console experience to Sony's new handheld. Did they get it right? Oh hell yes!

First off, let me say this: 60 FRAMES PER SECOND. I have to give it to Capcom here. For them to take a highly stylized fighting game with a lot going on at once and keep the smoothness for a launch title bodes well for the Vita. This game truly shows off the beastly capabilities of Sony's new baby. The graphics, while toned down just a tad (literally, not much at all), and the combo eccentric-ness a shade lower than the console versions does nothing to make the Vita version outstanding in presentation. I used this game to show off the Vita to my friends. Just taking out Zero (my main!) and hitting some combos in practice mode made them wow. The difference between the PSP and Vita in terms of what it can do is established greatly here.

You'll find everything you're looking for here with some added features. The story mode is here as well as a new figurine fighting mode. The new mode isn't much to write home about but it can be fun if not just a time waster. Capcom also brought along all of the DLC and your paid-for PS3 versions won't work here. Buy it all again or fire up the big boy to use it. I was a sucker and re-bought a costume pack so I can play Zero as Mega Man X.

A new touch control mode is added to allow newcomers and lazy people to pull off huge combos and specials with ease. This makes for online play a bit one-sided. Sure, you can set it so you only fight against those using the same control method as you but if you run into a random match with a touch moder, you'll get slammed hard. Online works very well here and the lag is minimal to near nothing. As it has been a month since the Vita's release, I find the match finder to be a bit slower than it was but there is definitely a community playing.

Capcom sacrificed very, very little to bring Marvel vs. Capcom to the Vita. The presentation and overall quality of this launch title is staggering and is high on my list for best game on the Vita right now. Don't pass this up if you are a fan of fighting games and want something portable. If you're looking for ridiculously hard combos and cancel mechanics you may want to look at BlazBlue, however. UMvC3 is for the casual and hardcore fighter and comic fanboy. You'll be hard pressed to find something missing besides a character Capcom omitted (like a proper Mega Man!!).
on 28 May 2012
Just blown away by the visuals in this game. Absolutely stunning.

Very accessible on the vita too. Controls are nice and responsive.

Lots of game modes so lots of replay value.

I love this game and would recommend it highly.
on 9 March 2012
I would just like to say that this game is a must buy for every Vita owner.. The graphics are amazing, the game is identical to the PS3 version and it's very addictive.

The online multilayer is also very good, very popular and the connection online is very good.

Well worth my money, great training for any Street Fighter game coming out on this platform!
on 21 March 2014
Fantastic port to the vita, controls are really easy to use and you can fine tune your controls to suit your play style. With so many characters to choose from there are masses of replay ability. Not tried it online but to be honest I've not needed/wanted to as the Ai puts up a good fight at Normal (currently working on hard but hitting a brick wall) if you like your fast paced energetic beat em ups then I'd seriously consider this one.
on 15 March 2013
My son loves his game, have to prize it from his hands to get him off it, very good buy