Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 11 June 2012
I really enjoyed this album. As other reviewers have said, every song is a different genre, and some of it is pretty dark, but its all extremely creative and works really well. I'll probably recommend it and buy his next album.
on 12 February 2013
I discovered Gotye quite by accident having heard "Smoke And Mirrors" played as backing music on "Suits", when my immediate thought was it was a "Panic at the Disco" track I was hearing for the first time. But a little research brought me to Gotye, and what a discover he's been.

If like me you always loved performers that refuse to fit into any kind of slot, then you too will be captivated by Gotye. Every track is and exciting new discovery. It's along while since I had an album where at the end of every track I ask my MP3 player to repeat it, and again, before thinking- no let's see what the naext track's like, if there's a downside it's that then many of these will go round and round in your head for days.

If you like the odd and unusual, give it a try, I promise you'll not be disappointed.
on 13 February 2012
This album takes you on a journey song by song... downloaded when I got home from work and already listened to twice. The vocals are haunting yet perfectly suited to the differing tracks as you move through the album... certainly do not get bored!! I do not think this album fits into one Genre... going into my Fav's list already... have a feeling I will be listening to this for a very long time :)
on 5 April 2012
I, like many people I guess, came across Gotye after hearing his number one single "Somebody That I Used To Know". People expecting an album of this Eighties' inspired track are likely to be disappointed as Gotye is much more than a one trick pony! He dips in and out of various eras and genres for inspiration and track 6 "I Feel Better" is golden era Motown meeting Cee-lo Green and a warm summery day and is probably my favourite track on the album.

The music on the album can at times seem a little too keen on electro/dance inspiration, and the use of pipes/flutes can seem at first a little awkward, but on the whole the joyous nature of the tunes wins out and you can't help but enjoy it. Even the slower, more melancholy tracks like "Bronte" are so beautiful you can't help smiling a little. Give the tracks a second listen and you'll hear much they start to gel.

As I always say, Youtube is the way to discover to whether or not you like an album's worth of an artist whose music is an ecletic mix of genres and eras. Worth buying and hope you'll enjoy the album as much as me.
on 28 December 2012
Gotye is an unusal artist and a great lyric writer. He uses a few different styles musically on the album but they do not clash.

Some of this lyrics remind me of Nik Kersawk and i would strongly recomend listening carefully to the lyrics. Careful listening shows why Somebody I Used to Know is such a popular song. You can really hear the bitterness of both of the singers.
on 27 July 2013
I love Gotye but the quality of the CD really let him down. It was like listening through a heavy cold, it seemed to be mushy and muffled in parts.
The quality of the music and the variety is brilliant, can't fault him as an artist, so definitely order it and fingers crossed you won't get a bad copy!
If the sound quality had been right, I'd have given this 5 stars.
on 19 August 2012
Like many others I bought this album on the strength of "Somebody that I used to know" and I'm so glad I did. Have been playing it most days since I got it and I like it more and more. Even the odder tracks like "State of the art" have grown on me after initially thinking they were just weird. What I really like is the variety and that it's not just one of those albums where each song blends into the next. Well worth a listen - or several!
on 11 December 2012
I've had this in my car for the entire summer, it is such an amazing album which I did not expect to enjoy so much. I loved 'Somebody that I Used to Know' and was unaware of Gotye's other music, I just bought the album for the one track. So glad I listened on, my favourites range throughout the album and the mixture of sound and vocals is fabulous. I have many memories associated with each song and trips through the summer.
on 21 January 2013
I really like this CD. I bought it for one track (Somebody That I Used To Know), like most people probably, but the others are good too. It's one of those CDs that needs to be listened to a few times and it gets better each time. There's quite a variety of styles in there too. Definately some Peter Gabriel influence going on, so if you like him I think you'll like this.
on 24 March 2014
To be honest I wasn't keen on the single 'somebody that I used to know' I didn't dislike it though. But the rest of the album is so much better, I love every song. There are a few weird ones, but I did quite like them.