on 19 July 2017
All good
on 2 March 2017
This has to be one of my favourite vinyls in my collection now, and is definitely Rodrigo y Gabriela's best album. Absolutely Amazing!!
on 2 January 2016
Very different from other material. On this album they have added high production
on 17 August 2012
I bought this CD on the strength of hearing it played on Jazz FM as an album of the week. I was not disappointed. On first hearing, the tracks can seem a bit 'samey' but it grows on you and now it is one of my very favourite albums. If you like Santana then you will love this. It is such a feel good album that it cannot fail to cheer you up. I urge you to buy this little piece of South American sunshine!
2 people found this helpful
on 1 July 2015
I have found this cd to be excellent and quite original in the way the music has been choreographed, each time I have played it, I hear different things going on and enjoy it more and more. I would not say that the album was am instant hit you in the face love it, but it really grows on me more and more, to the point where I now find myself really in to it big time.

I would dispute some comments of the band drowning out Rodrigo and Gabriella, as if this cd is listened to on a good system you will find that they do not, they just merge and blend closely in certain areas of the album, just like most good music does. I have a Class A amplifier and yes, this does make a whole lot of difference to the listening experience.

I have two other albums by the duo and love them both, I admire their musical knowledge, skills and prowess and the excitement of the experimentation that this album brings. I think that it is an excellent addition to my music collection.
on 15 February 2012
rodrigo gabriela have come a long way in last eight to nine years this cd shows it and good it is,they are one of the best in this modern age.ivan
One person found this helpful
on 26 November 2012
Im new to Rodrigo y Gabriela and maybe this wasnt the best album to start with. Good quality recording to be fair and delivered quickly.
on 9 May 2013
A beautiful mix of the fantastic new Mexican sound and Cuban brass and local rhythms, had to listen to it 4 times straight off, I'm begging all my friends to give it a chance! It's utterly brilliant!
2 people found this helpful
on 15 March 2014
Working with the Cuban Band injects a big band sound that just blows your socks off. As a fan of bigband music, the combination of talent just hits the spot, yes very reminiscent of Santana but with a lot more technical detail to the fore and, as some others have remarked, there were times when the duo's leads were rather swamped by the band...despite that, it's one of those albums I will want to play over and over again.
One person found this helpful
on 13 July 2012
EXCELLENT, managed to see them on tour and although a backing band detracts somewhat slightly from rod n gab the gig was a good un, nice take on some of their original tunes, hope they contiue providing some classic melodic music