Customer reviews

on 31 December 2013
The strings themselves are alright but the little things annoy me. Mainly the packaging. You know how both Dunlop and Ernie Ball put each individual string in separate, labelled packages so that you instantly know which is which? D'addario don't do that, instead packaging them all together in a big tangled mess. And while they do give you a colour guide, the guide only applies for the first 6, and telling the difference between a gauge 65 and 54 just by looking at them is surprisingly difficult. These little annoyances ruined the product for me; I recommend a different brand.
on 7 September 2015
I used to use only Dean Markley - Blue Steel and Helix, but the gauges were not heavy enough, I used this set to put on my 7 string S7420 dropping the last string off so 65 through to 11 using D rather than Standard E with the top being a A rather than B same as Korn use, after altering the floating trem which took around 5 - 10 mins it was perfect the sound was big and really as I wanted it, I have since gone to using 60 - 10 Dunlop Heavy cores, but that is as I am tuning E with a top B now, as soon as we change back to using D with top A I will be getting an other set of these.
on 20 April 2013
These strings are amazing. Easy to fit. The clarity, sustain, the feel is just perfect. The only down side is my guitar isn't a baritone. So the tension is a bit loose. But that's due to me. Not the strings. Top marks. Woop.
on 29 April 2016
Bought these for my 7 string guitar and discarded the .9 string. The only gripe I have is all the strings are loose in the package. But, there is a key on the side of the packet matching colour and string gauge.
on 14 June 2016
very very impressive string that have held super low tunings really well , they kept their brightness for a number of sessions and sounded huge being gigged . highly reccomend
on 2 April 2016
It's an 8 string pack but I actually use them on a 7 string and chuck the last string. I use drop A tuning, these are nice and tight and keep their tone for weeks.
on 26 January 2017
Very strong high quality guitar strings