Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.42

on 8 December 2012
A wasn't sure if I was going to like the Starforce series, but I am now hooked on them. I can't fault any of the books that I have reasdso far, but would defiantly recommend them.
on 13 August 2015
I have been borrowing these books via my Amazon Prime membership and I am currently on this one (book 4: "Conquest") ... now I feel it is time for a review.

To summarise this series of books (so far) is about Earth (notably the hero, Kyle Riggs) discovering advanced technology and using it to defend against aliens called Macros. Four books in it seems to me I've now got the gist of the series with each tale having Riggs discover Macros (once again) up to their logically deceitful tricks and come up with ways of defending against the dastardly creatures so saving the day, the Earth and so on.

An author will usually have a given style and a series perhaps more so and I have few doubts my own novels, when I publish, them will be any exception. But in addition to writing I am an enthusiastic reader and, at book 4, I'm finding myself getting a bit bored; I want something other than Macros and it doesn't look like I'll get it. That said, I've largely enjoyed the books so far; they are competently written with few spelling mistakes or grammatical errors and I quite like the hero and his band of merry fighters. My problem is that hallway through book 4 and I'm thinking, "Oh No! More Macros!" whilst wondering if I can be truly bothered to plough through more of their cold machinations as Riggs' tries to stop them.

As I imply above, quite obviously Mr. Larson can write and write well, I will continue to read his "Undying Mercenaries" series which is, so far, absolutely superb but I am just finding each tale in the "Star Force" series to be a little too similar to the preceding one and I'm beginning to wonder if enough is enough.

Naturally, as a geek and science fiction enthusiast, I reserve the right to change my mind and can only apologise to the author if he subsequently does what I implicitly ask; it's happened before and the author certainly knows how to weave an entertaining yarn ... I'm just so damned bored with those machines.

Sadly I've begun to have some sympathy with "SlosshyDolphin's" review when he that in the end he was hoping the Macros would just finish us off.
on 28 May 2016
I started reading this book having been hooked by the previous 3 books. This one however didn't grab me. I was hoping for more character development but it concentrated on battles and strategies, it was like reading a manual for a virtual computer game. Not sure if I'll read the next book. Shame as this series had me gripped . Still worth a read though.
on 22 April 2015
Kindled - so instant delivery - what to say about that? All the words seem to have arrived safely. This book is another piece of Star Force fun which will be enjoyed by many Sci Fi fans. I just love the sheer length of the series. It seems as if it will never end. It kept me amused through the long, dark winter.
on 20 September 2013
The Star Force Series are a true must read for any Sci-Fi fan...the story twists and turns and keeps you on your toes, whilst the characters become almost real and you feel genuine warmth towards them...well some anyway.
on 15 June 2014
i've always imagined using nanites and constructing fleets on asteroids, so this series was a fantastic find,read them all solidly and loved every bit. absolutly excellent example of sci-fi, cant wait for more!
on 16 February 2015
so far , this continuing story has been compelling reading , witty , easy to read and exciting . looking forward to the next stage.
on 6 July 2013
The whole Starforce series is brilliant - I highly recommend them all and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. Read this now!
on 22 May 2015
Another brilliant book that follows on directly where we left off. Man vs Macro again, round 4.
on 24 January 2016
Brilliant series. Never used to read SciFi until I read book one, now cant stop reading them.