on 26 June 2012
Very good value for the money. However, there are just one or two features that would enhance the machine. There is no way of turning the fax off without disconnecting it from the phone line (OK if you have a dedicated fax line) and it was difficult to connect WIFI (that could be my lack of IT ability) other than that very pleased and would recommend this machine, easy to load,very quick print, fax and copy, using the copier is great using the top feed you can copy several different pages.
on 2 May 2012
I am very pleased with this purshase.its very easy to set up and gave me no problems during the wireless setting.print,scan,photocopy quality is very good havent used the fax yet but hope it will be upto the standard.
on 19 June 2012
Having had a Samsung laser printer previously which was superb, it didn't take much convincing to buy Samsung again. Generally, it is OK for the money but the power cord and phone sockets were NOT UK compliant, leaving me scratching around for second hand leads, and no lead at all to connect it to the computer. If you are looking for something to go straight out of the box, I'm afraid this has failed already. My other reason for buying this printer was that it said it prints double sided, which given it's overt Eco credentials seems like a great paper saving option. What it didn't spell out quite so clearly that the double sided printing is MANUAL, i.e. you have to print one side at a time and then put it back in the right way, and in the right order to make it print on the other side. Final moan then, it's main Eco function is printing size A5 onto A4 paper, which on occasion is very handy, but if you are like me and print on A4 for a reason, then you too will probably end up wasting more paper and ink reprinting things two or three times to get out how you expected it to be in the first place. However, the print quality is good and if you shop around the refill cartridges are reasonably priced too.
on 27 August 2012
I have given this 3* but really I want to give Amazon 1* and Samsung 5*.

Nowhere on Amazon's product description page does it say "EU plug", and I have bought plenty of things from Amazon before with UK plugs. There really ought to give you the option. The two cables you will need are a standard UK computer power cable (no external transformer required) and a standard UK phone cable for the fax. Fortunately for me, I had spares of both of those already but it's still very poor of Amazon. They did supply an ethernet cable which I used. There was no USB cable.

The printer itself is great. Easy to install (hardware and software). The printing and photocopying are quick and sharp. The scanning software has a good mix of "Basic" functions for someone who just wants to push a button, and "Advanced" for those more complex tasks. I haven't tested the fax yet, but it CAN work on a shared phone/fax line: set the fax mode to "Tel" which means you can pick the faxes up manually.

I did have some trouble assigning a permanent IP address to the printer (which I think is the best thing to do if connecting to a router) because the printer did not appear on my BT Home Hub list of devices. That's not really Amazon or Samsung's fault, but I mention it in case someone else has the same trouble. I just set the IP address (on the Samsung printer settings software) to be outside of the DHCP range.

The screen is hard to read and some components of the hardware are flimsy but nothing you buy these days is designed to last more than a few years! For the price, I don't think you can do better. I've had the previous version of this printer running for a couple of years and been very happy with it.
on 30 November 2012
Setup and working within 15 minutes of taking out of the box for three operating systems:

Windows XP Professional, Windows Pro 8, and Mac OSX 10.8.

This was all done via the included installer disc, but first connecting the printer to the network wirelessly via the WPS button on the printer and my router.

EASY PEASY!

One tip: When trying to change printer settings via wireless, you will be prompted for ID and password. The default is "admin" and "sec00000". Once you've logged in using these default details, you have the opportunity to customise to something you might remember.

Prints very fast. Very quiet. Colour scan also very good, especially when scanning multiple pages using the automatic document feeder (ADF). And as a bonus - it has a smaller footprint than my Canon MP980!

Fanastic all in one mono laser printer and full colour scanner (plus fax but i don't use this function) for a very low price!

PS: I didn't buy from Amazon because i found PCWorld is selling these for £99!
on 6 April 2013
Great price compared to local shops and arrived around time advised. Quality of product is very good. Only problem is that the wi-fi connection occasionally goes down for no reason and I have to go through manual process of linking printer and laptop once again - a hassle I could do without. Otherwise printing is very good and fast.
on 8 June 2012
Having problem getting it to work wireless to my macbook but working ok with imac.
There was no UK plug supplied, it has a european plug!!
So far doing the job but very early days
on 20 October 2012
Came with the both a uk and european plug and all the other leads. Easy to set up and print when connected to the PC directly, but a bit of a mission setting up the wireless function. Definitely worth the effort if you want to print directly from your mobile.
Fast and quiet-ish. Lots of unnecessary LEDs on the flimsy front panel, including a rotating blue one, but the all-important lcd display is unlit making it difficult to read. All-in-all a very good printer for the price.
on 19 August 2012
I got the product delivered on time because I was going to be very busy and I would set it up when I had some spare time.

Well.

Firstly it came with a Euro plug ,no biggie I had spare uk plug so I set it up and it worked so far but...

I need to send a fax from home the other day, so I thought time to set up the fax and you would not believe this but a small package which should contain a fax/modem cable for the uk telephone system was for the French telephone system (not good at all).

So I thought quickly order a fax/modem cable to uk telephone system from amazon and the fax facility of the printer does not work!!!

So unless there is something about cable that should have come from samsung to get it to work (Amazon should assist in supplying the correct cable), I am preparing to send it back as faulty.

I have all ways trusted Samsung product until now and amazon, I expected to to be supplied a product to work in the UK market.
on 22 June 2012
I am very disappointed with both the printer and Samsung as a company. The printer arrived with a cable and plug suitable for Europe - many, many telephone calls to Samsung and I have still not received a replacement cable with a UK plug. I have borrowed a suitable lead from another printer and eventually managed to get the printer to work on my apple computer. It took about 6 hours to download sufficient software so that the printer/scanner would be compatible with the computer even though the sales literature advertises it as PC and apple compatible. Long and expensive phone calls to Samsung were necessary with conflicting instructions coming from the Samsung technical advisors. I would neither recommend any further Samsung product nor would I recommend this printer if it is intended to be connected to an apple computer.