on 16 February 2007
Like most I had read the Sword of Shannara and the Elfstones of Shannara and though I had an idea what this book would be like.

I think this book is lot better than the previous two. In this book really we start to see Terry Brook expanding on his ideas and really start to shape this new world that he has created.

It tence, scary exciting and you liked the other two you will love this book.
on 10 January 2000
I personally rate this up with the Sword of Shannara as one of the best Shannara novels. Granted there are certain gaps that appear but this can easily be overlooked unless you are looking for them. A great story about friendship and sacrifice that can only really be appreciated at top level if the first to novels have been read first.
on 18 January 2001
The best book in the series, perhaps because it's a book where we finally see how little control over events and situations the Druids really had, and that they can be just as much a pawn in the grand scheme of things as the people they manipulate.
on 19 June 2013
I've now listended to all three of these books (unabridged). I enjoyed the first two, but with the best will in the world, the third was a struggle. The most glaring problem is that all three books appear to have the same plot - grand evil, a big quest to get it sorted and a member of the Ohmsford family. There's no attempt at a sub-plot or any real complexity and by the middle of book 3, you're ready for a change. I'm going to park the Shannara series here I think - it's not awful, far from it, but there's much better fantasy out there...
on 4 December 2012
A really great read. I read all the shannara series and am awaiting the latest release in 2013; but in the meantime I am re-reading the books again and they are even better second time around.
on 22 February 2014
Another great book from one of my favourite authors Terry Brooks that I have read before in paperback and I have now added to my mobile library. First set of Shannara books.
on 26 May 2013
this book was as good as all the others i have had so far,it a shame some are not but this was very good and condition good would buy from them again
on 15 August 2013
First read the sword of Shannara many years ago but have started reading the series since receiving a kindle last Christmas. A good read
on 21 February 2013
I have read these books before and they are still brilliant a second time, highly recommended !!!!! A must read for fantasy fans.
on 4 December 2013
I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. I would certainly recommend it to fantasy readers. Can't wait to read more